What's new

Which Semogue?

If you look hard at the site right now there's one you might not want to miss out on. That's about all I can say about that.:wink2:

This! A great opportunity to own a brush that will very likely be in quite a lot of WTB posts in the BST forum.
I ordered one yesterday.

Can't go wrong with a Semogue,I have a 620 and a SOC boar and I use both for creams,soaps,face lathering,bowl,scuttle you name it.I'll probably pick up another Semogue down the line,very versatile brushes IMHO.

The only Semogue I've used is my 1460.

My first impression was that given the amount of 'backbone' this thing has that it would be primarily for face lathering. But I've used it exclusively for bowl lathering and the performance has been outstanding. Given that this is one of their least expensive brushes, I'd imagine that virtually any Semogue boar brush would be great.

And I haven't even broken it in yet as for some reason I let it fall back in the rotation too soon after I bought it. I'm keeping it out now, hoping to see it morph into something even better.

Semogue 620! Great backbone, and mine softened up soooo much within the first month of use. Good price, and good quality...can't beat that!

The 620 is a good choice. I have the SOC, the 1305, 830, and the 620. The 1305 is my least favorite, a little too floppy, but they are all fine brushes. Just don't expect miracles, they take a while to break in.

so the 1305 isn't good for a good facelathering?

I face lather with my 1305 more often than any other brush. It's a great face lathering brush. It splays nicely but isn't floppy at all and the knot is just the right size so the brush doesn't feel like a mop on your face.

I love facelathering with my 1305. Besides the great knot, it has a great handle: fits my paw perfectly, better than any of my other Semogues. I just got a 1250 for a little under $16 from Vintage Scent. Same handle, only with wood finish, and blond piggy knot. Beautiful brush, slightly different feel from the 1305.

Whatever you order, you're gonna be happy. Just give it a little time to break in.

Jeff

I face lather with my 1305 more often than any other brush. It's a great face lathering brush. It splays nicely but isn't floppy at all and the knot is just the right size so the brush doesn't feel like a mop on your face.
+1 and it works very well in tubs like Cella and the new RR soaps, perfect size for this.

Top Bottom