What's new

New TOBS Tin?

I made my first Bullgoose shaving purchase Saturday and received my TOBS Jermyn Street today. What I received was the cream but it was in a very nice tin not the black tub I've seen online. Is this a new thing? I think it looks very nice :) Just hope it shaves as nice as it looks/smells :)

$IMG_0209.JPG

Wow, that is really nice! Did you ask Phil about it?

No, was too busy lathering it up :p Lathered like a champ, smells really good...think I found a winner. Thinking about picking up Avocado here soon. From what I've read it's pretty great also.

I am glad that your are enjoying your TOBS Jermyan Street cream. That is one of the few TOBS creams that I have not tried. If you do decide to purchase the Avocado I think that you will like that as well. I really like it and especially in the summer months.

Regards,

Doug

Tried face lathering...I'm still getting used to creams...figuring out the water/cream ratio but I'm really enjoying this!

That's cool except mine doesn't say "Special Edition" anywhere on the tin.

The image of the actual tin, here and below, is the same as the one in you original post.
Perhaps they are moving from the plastic tub to the tin as the site shows both.
Is the tin lined or does it have a plastic insert?

From Shaving.ie
$taylor-bond-jermyn-st-shave-cream__49899_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
I emailed them to compliment on the packaging and they responded that they will return to the plastic tub soon.

Bummer. I think the tin looks very nice. I was hoping they were changing and wanted to wait to get one with the Eton College cream.

.......... Man I just did a order from WCS and I ordered this cream but I didnt see the limited edition tin I bought the regular one. Oh well I personaly hate limited edition items because I always regret not buying it but when I do I typically dont use it. (for example I have a limited editon fountain pen that I got as a gift and I never use it)

The image of the actual tin, here and below, is the same as the one in you original post.
Perhaps they are moving from the plastic tub to the tin as the site shows both.
Is the tin lined or does it have a plastic insert?

From Shaving.ie

View attachment 262648

I haven't noticed any lining of any kind but I haven't really looked for one either. I would think it would be less cost effective to go to a tin version vs. plastic so I doubt they will do that.

I emailed them to compliment on the packaging and they responded that they will return to the plastic tub soon.

Bummer. I think the tin looks very nice. I was hoping they were changing and wanted to wait to get one with the Eton College cream.

It's pretty cool that they actually respond.

I could be wrong but we had the tins for awhile and are back to the black tubs. I think they switched to the tins to save some cost on dying the tubs different colors but quickly realized the tins rust from people leaving them in the shower.

I could be wrong but we had the tins for awhile and are back to the black tubs. I think they switched to the tins to save some cost on dying the tubs different colors but quickly realized the tins rust from people leaving them in the shower.

They sure look nicer than the plastic tubs but if they rust...

Top Bottom