What's new

Xbox Live

I am (and my 9-yo son is too -- he kicks my a** in Halo 2&3).

Same username as here, though I'm finishing Half-Life 2 Ep. 2, so I really haven't gone online too much.

Back in college, two of my roommates were subscribers. They would be on that thing for over 12 hours at a time, oftentimes forgoing class so they could scream at the 12 year olds swearing at them on the headset. When that got mundane, one of them (who'd just had his appendix out) decided that percoset and a few beers would liven things up.

Let's just say the two of them "scared me straight." :biggrin:

Big xbox fan but I've been playing single-player games lately. Currently I am revisiting Oblivion, and then I will be playing Mass Effect. I do play Halo 3 online from time to time, though. Gamertag is PoisonJam.

COD4 looks sick, and most of my friends are playing it, but I have a long-standing vow not to support EA in any way so I will not be buying that.

COD4 looks sick, and most of my friends are playing it, but I have a long-standing vow not to support EA in any way so I will not be buying that.

Is it because of the stranglehold they have on the NFL gaming community? I thought about abstaining too, but Madden is pretty awesome...

xbox live = brooklynlou

Feel like making a cod4 shaving clan? :biggrin:

As for COD4, yes, its all that and a bag of chips. Worthy purchase

Is it because of the stranglehold they have on the NFL gaming community? I thought about abstaining too, but Madden is pretty awesome...

It actually stems from their reluctance to support Xbox Live back in the original Xbox days, and the ****-poor way they have supported it ever since once they finally came around. The NFL thing ticked me off as well, especially when Sega's 2K football games were superior (IMO).

I may have to revisit my stance, however. If they keep gobbling up game companies I may find myself with nothing to play!

I may have to revisit my stance, however. If they keep gobbling up game companies I may find myself with nothing to play!

:sod: Fall in line like everybody else. Would I be correct in saying that EA makes more money in video games than Sony and Microsoft combined? Maybe at least one of them.

My gamertag is Held der Arbeit.

COD4 multiplayer is absolutly amazing. I'll be on when I get back home for break and I'll have to add you guys.

My tag is Cbandico and I'm on pretty regularly. I don't have Halo 3 yet but I'm getting it for Christmas from my wife.:biggrin:

I was doing a search for video game related threads, and here is one!

I too am a member of the XBL community. My gamertag is Zigar001 (not a typo, has one extra 0 in it than my B&B name). I'm on XBL quite a bit. Feel free to send me a friend request as I'm always looking for people to play games with.

The idea of having some kid who can't even drive yell and swear at me, while he's kicking my butt at every game I can think of, just doesn't appeal to me.

The idea of having some kid who can't even drive yell and swear at me, while he's kicking my butt at every game I can think of, just doesn't appeal to me.

I just make liberal use of the "Mute" function, and that stops the trash talk real quick :death: .

I just make liberal use of the "Mute" function, and that stops the trash talk real quick :death: .

So true. Halo's the best at the whole mute a Timmie thing(that's older gamer slang for annoying child gamer). I picked up COD4 last month, and I'm hooked. Quite possibly the FPS I've played in a long time. I'll even go as far as to say it's better than Halo:eek: PM me if you want to play with a more mature crowd.

I picked up COD4 last month, and I'm hooked. Quite possibly the FPS I've played in a long time. I'll even go as far as to say it's better than Halo:eek: PM me if you want to play with a more mature crowd.

I have not touched Halo 3 since COD4 came out, and I have no problem saying it's better than Halo. Hands down. Halo 3 was overrated, and rather disappointing in my opinion :mad5:. But, all is well now because COD4 is in my possession :w00t:.

Top Bottom