What's new

Mikes or Mystic?

I've been using mikes almost exclusively until this morning. I got my mystic in last night, I bought the Coconut Lime and I'm completely torn between the two. The Mystic will lather alot easier and produce more than mikes which seems to take an awful lot of water, but I feel like Mikes is a little bit slicker. I really dont know. Both are amazing soaps. which do you think is better?

I think I'm gonna go with the mystic just because I love the way it makes my skin feel after using it. Plus the smell is excellent, a little strong than my Mikes orange cedarwood and pepper, but not overwhelming.

I have never tried mikes and I havent shaved with my mystic water shaving soap samples yet. That being said I do love my other mystic water soaps Which include the gentle oatmeal facial soap, Dragons Lair body soap, and a shampoo bar (I bought the sample but I will deffiently be buying a full bar) . So My vote is for Mystic.

I have never tried mikes and I havent shaved with my mystic water shaving soap samples yet. That being said I do love my other mystic water soaps Which include the gentle oatmeal facial soap, Dragons Lair body soap, and a shampoo bar (I bought the sample but I will deffiently be buying a full bar) . So My vote is for Mystic.

I bought the face soap as well, in fact it was my reason for buying a mystic soap, but I caved and bought some shave soap too..I'm loving the face soap, just cant say anything about its effectiveness as I've only used it twice now. (trying to clear up a little acne) I got the gentle oatmeal too, but she threw in some tea tree and oatmeal for me to try.

I've been using mikes almost exclusively until this morning. I got my mystic in last night, I bought the Coconut Lime and I'm completely torn between the two. The Mystic will lather alot easier and produce more than mikes which seems to take an awful lot of water, but I feel like Mikes is a little bit slicker. I really dont know. Both are amazing soaps. which do you think is better?

I think I'm gonna go with the mystic just because I love the way it makes my skin feel after using it. Plus the smell is excellent, a little strong than my Mikes orange cedarwood and pepper, but not overwhelming.

I may try Mystic b/c I too think Mike's is a bit too difficult to lather up. But some people love it. I may try to convert the Mike's into shaving sticks. Perhaps they will behave better.

Last edited:
I have only used Mystic and like it plenty! I've visited Mikes webpage, but he is often out of stock. Most likely means he's got lots of sales, but it just kind of puts me off. I'm just weird that way.

Last edited:
Simple answer is both. Samples from each are cheap, so try a few from each and see what you like.

I own multiple pucks of each and would have a very tough time choosing one over the other. Both produce outstanding lather that is protective, slick and leave your skin feeling awesome. Mike's is probably a little easier to get to lather, but Mystic Water is not hard to lather by any means. I personally prefer Mystic Water scents over Mikes, but I do like Mike's scents too, and scent is a very subjective matter.

Mystic Waters, hands down. That soap is unbelievable. I was part of the group that spent time experimenting with the lathering of that soap, so to hear that another soap is difficult to lather when compared to MW is slightly amusing. Even though MW has a narrow sweet spot, when you hit it, that soap can go head-to-head with the best soaps out there. And now that I can hit that sweet spot every time, I'm getting some amazing lathers all the time.

Mike's woks better for me in the hard water we have in Dallas. Mystic certainly isn't bad, and works better than some soaps (C&E, Harris, Cade), but Mike's generates a creamer, more effective lather for me. As is always the case with so many things in shaving . . .

I would say go for both as well, they have different scents so to me that is no problem, I am with theop, I get better and easier lather out of mystic, but I find that mike's is indeed a bit slicker, but both help deliver a great shave.
i have both and more than likely always will! I love the artisan soaps, and mom and pop type businesses in everything, from clothes to food to razors and shaving products.

I have no problem lathering the two, but they do lather differently from each other. these are my two favorite soaps. QCS is right up there too. They're both cheap and they both produce great lather. If i HAD to choose one it would be mystic water, because she made a custom lemon/rose soap for me and i LOVE it!!

I have only used Mystic and like it plenty! I've visited Mikes webpage, but he is often out of stock. Most likely means he's got lots of sales, but it just kind of puts me off. I'm just weird that way.

You should definitely try out Mikes as well. He is a grad student and he just started this business couple months ago. I don't think he visioned the success his soaps would have. If you have any questions or anything you can email him. He responds so QUICK. I honestly think sometimes he has hired people to answer his emails lol.

Michelle makes a wonderful product, but for me I would have to say Mike's as the lather seems to be richer, and more luxurious. Mike's also seems to nourish my skin better than Mystic Water. You really cannot go wrong with either one as both provide an outstanding products, great customer service, and are very active on this message board. If you did a blind test of unscented soaps of both with each cut to the same size and dimension I bet all of us would find it very difficult to tell which one was Mystic Water and Mike's Natural Shave Soap.

I have tried both in the past, and passed on them both. Although Mike's scents are awesome and I can get a great lather from them, for some reason his soaps dried my skin out. Mystic Waters soaps lathered like crazy, but did not agree with the scents at all. Too perfumey/cologney for me. Very heavy on the fragrance oils and not on the essential oils with the Mystic Waters soaps. Stuck with QCS in the long run.

I have tried both in the past, and passed on them both. Although Mike's scents are awesome and I can get a great lather from them, for some reason his soaps dried my skin out. Mystic Waters soaps lathered like crazy, but did not agree with the scents at all. Too perfumey/cologney for me. Very heavy on the fragrance oils and not on the essential oils with the Mystic Waters soaps. Stuck with QCS in the long run.

I prefer Mystic Waters over Mike's. Scents of Mystic Waters are all really nice; fragrance oils or essential oils, Michelle has a way with making a scent well balanced and at the right intensity. Either soap will provide a nice lather and a smooth shave, and both treat the face very well, IMO.

Top Bottom