What's new

Gillette ladies star razors.

I've noticed quite a few different varieties of the famous blue star razors. Pink and gold stars are two I've seen. How many more different types are there and are they worth collecting?

The RAD is strong when it has me considering collecting womens razors! Still they look cool and sometimes go for cheap. :wink2:

Thanks for the great reply with pictures Mr. Razor!

Well I have my lady stars answer so I might as well de-rail this thread. I found my adjustable Aristocrat today! Mint in the box, sweet, and I also have a British red tip on the way. All in all yesterday was a great day for razors.

i wouldnt mind shaving with the blue one, the problem is with the later womans safety razors, the curved ones,

Personally, I think they'd look just as feminine without the stars. In fact, that would be the only thing stopping me from buying one for the missus.

They are a Superspeed head with the ladies styled longer handle. They were produced in three colors; Blue, Pink, and 'Champagne'. I was unaware of the light and dark blue variants, though.

-- John Gehman

They are a Superspeed head with the ladies styled longer handle. They were produced in three colors; Blue, Pink, and 'Champagne'. I was unaware of the light and dark blue variants, though.

-- John Gehman

Shows what I know. I would've thought the light blue was just a faded version of the dark one. Good to know there were 4 kinds.

I have a light blue (I-1) and a Gold (K1) one.. Haven't seen any pink or dark blue.

Is the official color gold or champagne?

Good to know so I can keep a watchful eye on one of my missing colors... :smile:

I just received one in a lot and was thinking of selling it. It cleaned up very well. Have to think about it though, it's the only female razor I have.

I've not and don't plan on using it so that may have made up my mind...

We'll see...

Enjoy your shave... :biggrin:

It's common knowledge that these were mis-marketed as "ladies" razors. Everyone knows that stars are masculine, testosterone inducing sources of power. See for example "seeing stars". :lol:

I have a gold one and a blue one. They shave great (on the gentle side), great handles, nicely weighted, and no one wants to steal them.

Actually nicely done shaving machines.

It's common knowledge that these were mis-marketed as "ladies" razors. Everyone knows that stars are masculine, testosterone inducing sources of power. See for example "seeing stars". :lol:

I have a gold one and a blue one. They shave great (on the gentle side), great handles, nicely weighted, and no one wants to steal them.

Actually nicely done shaving machines.

+1 all the way.

It's perfect for trying out a new blade. Not very aggerssive, but still feels like a Gillette DE.

I love my Champagne one. I'd a buy a pink one if I could find it.:badger:

If your going to collect safety razors, a complete collection would be one of each type, if you want to get deeper into it, add varieties.
If you specialize in say Gillettes one of each Gillette is necessary for a complete collection.
Same for Gems, Schicks etc. They all are basically obsolete now.

I've noticed quite a few different varieties of the famous blue star razors. Pink and gold stars are two I've seen. How many more different types are there and are they worth collecting?

There's no reason why not. If you want to be a girl that's up to you. :smile:

Top Bottom