What's new

Where's the Love for Omega Boar Brushes?

I have three Omega boar brushes and use them (actually, the 10048, largest one, is too large for me). They are excellent brushes, the break-in is fast, and they lather up a storm for me (ARKO soap). I get 3+ passes out of one brush load regardless of the Omega I'm using: 10048, 10083 (favorite large brush), or the 10057; and I may get an 80005 (it's a matter of 'want' rather than 'need', I like the wooden handle). These inexpensive boar brushes deliver; yet I don't see much 'love' for them coming from B&B. Semogue's boar brushes appear to be the favored boar brush. Anyone else a fan of Omega boar brushes? Let your Omega fan flag fly.

Brushes: Chrome 10048 (BIG), Chrome 10083, Ivory 10067/80067, and the Wooden handle 10005/80005

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
My soaps get really scared every time they see me break out my Omega. I have the 10083 and 10098 (huge!) and they both give me great shaves with minimal effort.

I have five or six Omegas. When I get frustrated with a soap I break out the Pro 49 and the soap gets in line real quick. The Semogue 1305 is my favorite boar, but all of my Omegas are great too.

Omegas can breach the fear threshold in any soap--it's like a road scraper to a puck of soap. But they do build a bountiful lather and are very smooth on one's face and neck. The performs exceptionally with my favorite soap, ARKO.

Vegaskid74: I've thought about buying a Semogue--I've looked at the 1250 and the SOC from the online Vintagescent.com, which has the lowest prices on Semogue brushes. Do you think they are superior to Omegas? An sincere question, not a challenge.

One of my best brushes is an Omega 10081, sort of a smaller version of the Pro 49. Now that it's completely broken-in it's as good as any brush I've ever used.

My badger brushes sit idle since getting into boar bristle. They feel great on my skin when lathering, I like the 'backbone' of my Omega brushes. I tried my best quality badger brush and it simply felt too soft. The next day I returned to my 10083 and it felt just right.

I really like my 31025. It was my first boar and it sees a lot of use, particularly with croaps. I recently got the 48message and like the knot, but founf the handle to be too light. I think the know may find itself in another handle at some point.

I bought my first boar a few weeks ago, the Omega 50068 "The Bambino" It is a tiny thing 18mm knot and it rips my soaps to shreds and creates a great lather.

I just took my first Omega out of the mailbox. It is only my second brush, the first being the VDH Badger that came in the starter kit. After reading these testimonials, I'm looking forward to using it!

Alohakid: Beautiful: Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers! I love it! Way to go.

Last edited:
I should change the title of this thread to alohakid's modified quote. It's so funny.

My first boar brush was the Omega Pro 49 in red. Although I'm a big fan of Semogue boars, the Omega pro is a remarkable brush. It's large enough to do a wonderful job bowl lathering and has plenty of backbone for digging into soaps or face lathering a nice shave stick.

I'm becoming enamored with the 10098, that large barber handle speaks to me.

Love my Omega Pro 48. I have have a Vulfix super badger which I also love but for hard soaps the Omega boar is wonderful. I especially like to use it to lather up my Cella soap.

Although I have one Omega that I like, and it is true that the hair breaks in quick and becomes quite soft. I feel that most Omega's just get too floppy. When they break in they loose so much backbone, that I dont care for them. The one Omega is a custom I made and set the loft deep, its the 27mm Pro knot set at about 60mm loft. In that shorter loft it performs quite well IMO.

Top Bottom