What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gents!
First shave in August :001_cool:

Floris JF shaving soap - Simpson Chubby 3 - Gillette Old Type & Astra SP - ALPA Karafiát Cologne
proxy.php

Fantastic first shave in this month :001_cool:

All the best for you, Gentlemen, and have a nice day!
Andi

The wonderfully scented Floris JF Soap:001_wub: Unfortunately, I found this intermittently irritating my skin. Some days it would be fine, others it would leave me with a blotchy complexion. Anyhow, another SUPERB pic from you today, Andi! You really are providing some excellent pics for us to see!:thumbup:

The wonderfully scented Floris JF Soap:001_wub: Unfortunately, I found this intermittently irritating my skin. Some days it would be fine, others it would leave me with a blotchy complexion. Anyhow, another SUPERB pic from you today, Andi! You really are providing some excellent pics for us to see!:thumbup:

Thank you very much, David! :001_smile
Luckily the Floris JF Soap makes me no problems.
My favorite Floris Soap is the No.89. Everything fits perfectly :001_wub:

I suppose this is more "Travel" themed than "Travel Kit" themed. Ah, well. I'll show off my travel kit tomorrow.

Bone & Rubber vintage brush w/TGN Finest knot
C.A. Daniels Jester Razor
Proraso - First time I've tried this cream.

proxy.php

What an amazing pic, with some very interesting items on show!:thumbup:

La Toja
The Duke 3
6/8 The Aiku
La Toja ASL
Douro

proxy.php

Of course, today's travel item was the La Toja stick. What more needs to be said.

Superb quality products all the way, Mark. I can't imagine this shave being anything other than sublime!:001_wub:

5/8 Vintage Garanti-Solingen, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Shavemac 177, 23mm Silvertip
Mike's Natural Soaps Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

An outstanding representation of what sounds to be a wonderful shave! Tell me, my friend, how did you find Mike's?

Kanayama No.3 Strop
Cold Water Rinse
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

Great picture, David. How'd you like you the Mike's?

Good Morning !
~08/02/2012~

Semogue 830 \\ Muhle R89 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Proraso Sapone Da Barbe: Sandalo \\ La Toja Manantiales After Shave Balsamo

Excellent SC! Knowing that Proraso has a blue version of the SC, I need to pick up some but then again there's just too much in my rotation. But I'm happy to say that my Simpson PL8 Super Badger showed up yesterday. Its mighty hefty packed with a perfect knot that is dense. The knot is 26mm set at 50mm. Its pretty much a mm or two smaller than an CH2! It will be featured for tomorrow SOTD, now its a just a pick between MWF and MNS. You all have a great day!

proxy.php

Another great SOTD, Balji! Congratulations on the new brush. It sounds like you've got a tough decision for tomorrow - which great performing soap do you choose??

Another great SOTD, Balji! Congratulations on the new brush. It sounds like you've got a tough decision for tomorrow - which great performing soap do you choose??

Thank you so much my friend! Missing your pic but I guess its better for your skin to heal than get butchered. Yes tomorrow will be tough but I'm slowly falling towards MWF after making acronyms. MWF (Mitchell's Wool Fat or Monday, Wednesday Friday) & MNS's (Mikes Naturals Soaps or Monday's Not Saturday) Lol! What do you think?

Thank you so much my friend! Missing your pic but I guess its better for your skin to heal than get butchered. Yes tomorrow will be tough but I'm slowly falling towards MWF after making acronyms. MWF (Mitchell's Wool Fat or Monday, Wednesday Friday) & MNS's (Mikes Naturals Soaps or Monday's Not Saturday) Lol! What do you think?

It's a creative approach, and I can't fault either result! To me, the performance is very similar (both exceptional), it's all about whether you want a clean soapy smell or a more indulgent scent...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good Morning !
~08/01/2012~

Vie Long 16650 \\ Muhle R69 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Martin De Candre \\ Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

What can I say, It's MdC! Really awesome shave but it seems that I might need to try some new blades. Usually Red IPs are my go to blades but lately have been irritating my skin. Or maybe even giving my skin a break from shaving for a day. Anyways, you all have an excellent day!

proxy.php

What a marvellous pic and composition! You never stop to amaze me, Balaji! :thumbup:

What a marvellous pic and composition! You never stop to amaze me, Balaji! :thumbup:

Thank you very much my friend! Thanks to the internet and the free tools offered I was only able to come up with this composition. Also somehow somewhere I knew you would comment since MdC is your absolute favorite Veggie SS! BTW, what did you use today?

Kanayama No.3 Strop
Cold Water Rinse
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

Very pretty David and nice close up! What do you think of MNS, was my explanation correct for this SS?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you very much my friend! Thanks to the internet and the free tools offered I was only able to come up with this composition. Also somehow somewhere I knew you would comment since MdC is your absolute favorite Veggie SS! BTW, what did you use today?

After a long time I used MWF lathered up with my Semogue SOC. Face lather as always, two clean passes with my Merkur HD, Alum Block, cold water rinse and a splash of Mennen Skin Bracer. All very good!

An outstanding representation of what sounds to be a wonderful shave! Tell me, my friend, how did you find Mike's?

Great picture, David. How'd you like you the Mike's?

Very pretty David and nice close up! What do you think of MNS, was my explanation correct for this SS?

Thanks, guys. It's best to answer all in one. I am very impressed with the performance of this soap. Easy lather, excellent shave, and wonderfully soft skin afterwards. I have the Lime scented soap also and I definitely prefer the scent of that. Last year I tried the Ogallala Bay Rum and Sweet Orange soap, and found it very sickly for my taste. Although to a lesser degree, I don't find this Mike's soap too dissimilar. That is purely my taste, of course, and doesn't take anything away from what is a superbly performing product. I have now tried four Artisan brands and I put my order of preference as firstly JabonMan, followed very closely by Mike's, then RazoRock, and someway behind them, the Mystic Water soaps.

Thanks, guys. It's best to answer all in one. I am very impressed with the performance of this soap. Easy lather, excellent shave, and wonderfully soft skin afterwards. I have the Lime scented soap also and I definitely prefer the scent of that. Last year I tried the Ogallala Bay Rum and Sweet Orange soap, and found it very sickly for my taste. Although to a lesser degree, I don't find this Mike's soap too dissimilar. That is purely my taste, of course, and doesn't take anything away from what is a superbly performing product. I have now tried four Artisan brands and I put my order of preference as firstly JabonMan, followed very closely by Mike's, then RazoRock, and someway behind them, the Mystic Water soaps.

I'm happy to hear you liked the MNS. I was a bit worried that my recommendation would go badly for you and you'd never trust my judgment again!

I'm happy to hear you liked the MNS. I was a bit worried that my recommendation would go badly for you and you'd never trust my judgment again!

Bill, if it had gone badly again, I'd have been on a plane over to see you quick as a flash!!!!:wink2::biggrin1::lol::lol::lol:

I pretty much agree with your assessment of those artisan soap makers. I've never tried Mystic Waters, but JabonMan and Mike's are at the top of the small soap producers that I have tried. For me, I'm not sure which I like more. I'm wondering if you've ever used Nanny's Silly Soap and where it fits in -- there's been lots written about how good those soaps are, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom