What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new theme week has had absolutely phenomenal posts over the past two days. Congratulations to everyone who's posted!:thumbup::thumbup:

JIM: We don't see you here that often, but that is one heck of a pic you posted!:clap:

This new theme week has had absolutely phenomenal posts over the past two days. Congratulations to everyone who's posted!:thumbup::thumbup:

JIM: We don't see you here that often, but that is one heck of a pic you posted!:clap:

Agreed, Jims pic was very good, got at least 1/2 an inch drop in my jaw... great idea and even better execution to it well done indeed

Robert Wiliams 8/8 Damascus | Rover | Arlington | Lucido | Blenheim Bouquet
proxy.php

This shave was much more like it! The Rover worked effortlessly on the Arlington, which yielded an amazing pillowy lather. And the Damascus and ivory piece of art that is this razor simply wiped away two days worth of growth with nary a glance at the two healing cuts from Monday's gaff. After two passes and some cleanup, my Hollywood mug was smooth and soft. The Lucido was, as usual, a phenomenal way to reset the skin. And the Blenheim Bouquet is simply regal.

You gentlemen have been putting together some awesome shaves this week, and I want to thank you for sharing them and for allowing me to submit my meager additions to this incredible collection!Robert Wiliams 8/8 Damascus | Rover | Arlington | Lucido | Blenheim Bouquet
proxy.php

This shave was much more like it! The Rover worked effortlessly on the Arlington, which yielded an amazing pillowy lather. And the Damascus and ivory piece of art that is this razor simply wiped away two days worth of growth with nary a glance at the two healing cuts from Monday's gaff. After two passes and some cleanup, my Hollywood mug was smooth and soft. The Lucido was, as usual, a phenomenal way to reset the skin. And the Blenheim Bouquet is simply regal.

You gentlemen have been putting together some awesome shaves this week, and I want to thank you for sharing them and for allowing me to submit my meager additions to this incredible collection!​

So good you posted it twice :lol:

Nice picture by the way (both of 'em).

5/8 Vintage Garanti-Solingen, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No. 3 Strop
Simpson Duke 2 Best
JabonMan Lavanda Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Blue
D'Orsay Arome 3 EdT

proxy.php

Another great SOTD, David. I really like how you captured the reflection of the bristles in the shank of the razor! How is the Jabonman Lavanda scent (I already know the performance has to be wonderful)?

5/8 Vintage Garanti-Solingen, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No. 3 Strop
Simpson Duke 2 Best
JabonMan Lavanda Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Blue
D'Orsay Arome 3 EdT

proxy.php

Robert Wiliams 8/8 Damascus | Rover | Arlington | Lucido | Blenheim Bouquet
proxy.php

You gentlemen have been putting together some awesome shaves this week, and I want to thank you for sharing them and for allowing me to submit my meager additions to this incredible collection!Robert Wiliams 8/8 Damascus | Rover | Arlington | Lucido | Blenheim Bouquet

Another day with fantastic pics :thumbup:

Good Morning !
~08/08/2012~

Simpson PL8
3Band Super Badger \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ MNS Bay Rum \\ La Toja Manantiales After Shave Balsamo

Having nothing but great comments about this wonderful shaving brush. Its majestic and such a joy to use. Pairs very well with Mike's Natural Soaps. Created a very thick stable lather which provided a BBS resulting shave without any efforts. Great start of the day! Friends, you all have a nice day!

proxy.php

Another great shave, Balji!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good Morning !
~08/08/2012~

Simpson PL8
3Band Super Badger \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ MNS Bay Rum \\ La Toja Manantiales After Shave Balsamo

Having nothing but great comments about this wonderful shaving brush. Its majestic and such a joy to use. Pairs very well with Mike's Natural Soaps. Created a very thick stable lather which provided a BBS resulting shave without any efforts. Great start of the day! Friends, you all have a nice day!

proxy.php

Balaji, this pic makes me desire a Polo 8. Wonderful as always!

Thank you to the Gents who commented so kindly on my photos the past two days.

I had some (self-inflicted :blushing:) computer problems yesterday and it took me some time to get it up and running again, so I had only time to post.

(And typical clever thinking of Microsoft to deactivate the security centre when running safe-mode :thumbdown)

Another great SOTD, David. I really like how you captured the reflection of the bristles in the shank of the razor! How is the Jabonman Lavanda scent (I already know the performance has to be wonderful)?

Thank you. It was all planned, Bill!:wink2: The scent is very pronounced like all Manuel's soaps, although it isn't quite a pure lavender scent to my nose. It's almost peppery as well.
An may I say what an incredible post you had today, my friend. That close up is really something else!:thumbup: Hope the cut is healing nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom