What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. It was all planned, Bill!:wink2: The scent is very pronounced like all Manuel's soaps, although it isn't quite a pure lavender scent to my nose. It's almost peppery as well.
An may I say what an incredible post you had today, my friend. That close up is really something else!:thumbup: Hope the cut is healing nicely.

All is right in the world (or at least with the cuts on my mug)... Thank you for the compliments. I figured that with Arlington in the picture, you'd like anything I threw out there...

Wednesday

Ikea Bowl ¤ No Name bone Handled 2-band ¤ Gillette fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (21)
Geo. F. Trumper Eucris Shaving Soap ¤ Nivea for Men Replenishing After Shave Balm ¤ Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Soren, I realy like the style of your pictures! :001_wub:
They always have a elegant charisma.

All is right in the world (or at least with the cuts on my mug)... Thank you for the compliments. I figured that with Arlington in the picture, you'd like anything I threw out there...

I'm very easily pleased when I see Arlington, Bill, but that isn't to take anything away from your remarkable pic today.:001_smile

Another great shave, Balji!

Thanks Bill! Looked the same from your post today as well, very beautifully taken my friend!

Balaji, this pic makes me desire a Polo 8. Wonderful as always!

Thank you very much Marco! I used to have a Duke 3best but for some reason it didn't float my boat so I sold it off. But with this Polo 8, I'm very sure you would enjoy this piece of equipment especially with Cella! Its perfect for face lathering where lather won't get on your hands. If your looking into another Simpson, I can't recommend this one more than enough!

Good Morning !
~08/08/2012~

Simpson PL8
3Band Super Badger \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ MNS Bay Rum \\ La Toja Manantiales After Shave Balsamo

Having nothing but great comments about this wonderful shaving brush. Its majestic and such a joy to use. Pairs very well with Mike's Natural Soaps. Created a very thick stable lather which provided a BBS resulting shave without any efforts. Great start of the day! Friends, you all have a nice day!

proxy.php

Looks a magnificent Simpson specimen, that Polo, Balaji. Glad to hear you really like it.:thumbup:
But you have to keep it out of sight of Marco from now on, my friend. I know he'll want one too otherwise, and then he'll have to move just to have a brush room for his collection!:wink2: :lol:

Wednesday

Ikea Bowl ¤ No Name bone Handled 2-band ¤ Gillette fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (21)
Geo. F. Trumper Eucris Shaving Soap ¤ Nivea for Men Replenishing After Shave Balm ¤ Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

A wonderful composition and shave, Soren!:thumbup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you very much Marco! I used to have a Duke 3 Best but for some reason it didn't float my boat so I sold it off. But with this Polo 8, I'm very sure you would enjoy this piece of equipment especially with Cella! Its perfect for face lathering where lather won't get on your hands. If your looking into another Simpson, I can't recommend this one more than enough!

My problem is that I'm always looking into another Simpson... I should get a new custom made one soon. :001_cool:

13/16 Toyo "Special Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Semogue 2011 LE Finest Badger 2, #21
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Cold Water Rinse
Old Proraso Splash
Rance Le Vainqueur EdP

proxy.php

Good morning friends! :001_smile

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 23 mm Shavemac, Finest Badger ("Gut-rasiert" forum / 2011)
SOAP/CREAM: Mama Bear's Caribbean Glycerin Shave Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: A. J. Jordan, The Celebrated - Sheffield
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Floïd (Spanish)
RESULT: Clean shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Prep Clarins Exfoliater
Razor Dubl Duck 6/8 Golden edge
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neil's Yard Rose Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile EDT.

Jamie.

Well i gave the Dubl Duck it's first ever honing yesterday then 50 on my bench paddle strop with a little chromium oxide 50 on the linen and 100 on the leather, she gave out a lovely smooth shave, not unsimilar to my other German square point the Maxotte razor, but it as a very unforgiving point on both those razors which i'm more than aware of.

proxy.php

Impressive, gentlemen. I am left speechless by the quality of the SOTD images appearing here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom