What's new

Any members in or near Las Vegas? ... lunch Friday 10th August @ Wynn buffett?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Gents,

A few of your favourite Mods and Stewards will be crossing paths in Las Vegas in just over a week's time, and we thought it'd be a nifty idea to meet any local-ish members who felt like joining us for lunch.

We thought the lunch buffett at the Wynn would be a good location, what with Penhaligon's right around the corner ... no. I'm not suggesting a mass protest to protest reformulation, but rather a pleasant stroll over to a fine purveyor of colognes and shave creams after lunch perhaps.

Any interest?

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
We thought about going in the dead of winter, but all the whiney tourists will be there then.
Besides, what's to see outdoors in Vegas anyway?

Sounds like fun guys... Very tempting. The Wynn was my favorite buffet in Vegas for the longest time. Just recently got passed over by the Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopiltan. Unfortunately I don't think they serve lunch (unless it has changed).

If I can get out of my daughter's dance thing, I'm in. If the buffet's not open, there are some great restaurants across LVBLVD at the Fashion Show. Also, if anyone is wanting a good barber shop shave away from the strip, my barber is awesome-- http://www.elliottandco.com/contact.html

My Saturday's shot, but I'm up for breakfast on Friday if you guys want. Where are you all staying?

It's kind of a catch-all, some here and some there.

OK, King 8 truck stop on Tropicana/Industrial. We should be able to get bacon, eggs, and penicillin for under $10.

Now, how shall I seek advice for places to go on my trip to Chi-town next month....

I might be interested, I'll have to ask my boss if I can have the day/afternoon off, I've got furlough days to burn. I gotta double check that buffet price, looks pricey. I know a pretty good barber supply store (that stocks Feathers), but it's way off strip. The Fashion show is decent, there's supposedly an Omega chemists in there but I couldn't find it. I did find B&BW, L'Occitane and AoS, though.

And Luvmysuper, there's some great wilderness and recreation areas around town but the only one that's any good this time of year is Mt. Charleston, and that's mostly as a refuge from the heat.

Top Bottom