What's new

Fatip/Joris handle sizes and handle name thread, post all here!!

All Fatip/Joris lovers gang , can you name and describe what handles fits your model Joris/Fatip razor. Also include the dimensions, sizes, or any other quirks or tricks that each handle may require. I know some members say some handle require extra turns or less turning, and or breaking in the thread etc.:thumbup:

Last edited:
I have a Nickel Grande, and the Bar handle from my Short Comb New fits it like the handle that came with the Fatip.

**Alex I think you should also ask for the model of Joris/Fatip. I have heard that Grande threads are different than Piccolo.

I matched my Fatip up with a UFO Kaiser for now.

The Kaiser is polished stainless, 100mm long, 13mm in diameter and weighs in at 91 grams.

It's a great combination - although in regards to balance - the Kaiser might be just a tad heavy for the Fatip head.

Attaching the handle is straightforward.

I will say that I think the iKon OSS handle is probably a better match for the Fatip head - at least in regards to balance. The OSS handle has good length and reasonable diameter and has quite a bit more "bite" than my Kaiser.

View attachment 262022

View attachment 262023

Okay, Tom - while you're shaving with the Kaiser, I'll be shaving with the Tradere. It's lighter (91 g vs 73 g) and a bit shorter. As you suspected, the Kaiser felt like it overpowered the FaTip head when I used it, so I'm thinking the Tradere may be just right. If the Tradere isn't right, my next option will be the Edwin Jagger Georgian.

View attachment 262034View attachment 262035

Some more results with custom handles on my chrome FaTip Grande head.

Tradere fits:
proxy.php

Edwin Jagger DE89 fits:
proxy.php

Gillette Fat Tech fits:
proxy.php

Gillette NEW OC fits:
proxy.php

Handles that doesn't fit: iKon Bulldog, Mühle R41, some other vintage Gillette ball ended OLD and TECH - the screw on the FaTip is to slim.

In a few days I'll try with the Parker 98R Heavy Duty Premium Barberpole handle.

Last edited:
I have a Nickel Grande, and the Bar handle from my Short Comb New fits it like the handle that came with the Fatip.

**Alex I think you should also ask for the model of Joris/Fatip. I have heard that Grande threads are different than Piccolo.
Ok just added it

According to my digital caliber (accurate to plus or minus .02mm) I get the following....

Chrome FaTip threads measure 4.38mm (neither my ikon or 89 handle will fit, slips right pass up to the base) my Tradere will fit tight.

EJ 89 threads measure 4.89mm (ikon fits tight, faTip handle will not even start to screw on. Tradere fits even better.)

Go figure.......

I matched my Fatip up with a UFO Kaiser for now.

The Kaiser is polished stainless, 100mm long, 13mm in diameter and weighs in at 91 grams.

It's a great combination - although in regards to balance - the Kaiser might be just a tad heavy for the Fatip head.

Attaching the handle is straightforward.

I will say that I think the iKon OSS handle is probably a better match for the Fatip head - at least in regards to balance. The OSS handle has good length and reasonable diameter and has quite a bit more "bite" than my Kaiser.

View attachment 262022

View attachment 262023
Sam what model fatip? Gande? piccolo?

GUYS/GALS We need Model names of the Fatip ( Picollo, Grande etc) and Joris model, I will try to match up all the models that fit and dont fit on every post to use as a reference

Some more results with custom handles on my chrome FaTip Grande head.

Tradere fits:
proxy.php

Edwin Jagger DE89 fits:
proxy.php

Gillette Fat Tech fits:
proxy.php

Gillette NEW OC fits:
proxy.php

Handles that doesn't fit: iKon Bulldog, Mühle R41, some other vintage Gillette ball ended OLD and TECH - the screw on the FaTip is to slim.

In a few days I'll try with the Parker 98R Heavy Duty Premium Barberpole handle.
This is how each post should be, model name and what fits or doesnt fit

Alex-Thanks for organizing this. I've been wanting to swap my Tradere handle for a Weber but wasn't sure of the fit. Hopefully we'll get some good statistical proof from this thread.

I have a Fatip Picollo, and both the Tradere and Ikon OSS handles fit. Tradere is a perfect match, the OSS works but is loose until the final turn. No wobble with the OSS handle once secure though.

Mine is the Piccolo.

Okay...here is what I have with me on the road.

Kaiser works fine.
Tradere works fine.
OSS works fine.

Muhle R41 Grande Handle - no go
Mariner Long Handle - no go

Last edited:
So far this is the latest findings....

1)Fatip Grande fits these: Tradere, Edwin Jagger DE89, Gillette Fat Tech handle, Gillette New Comb.

Handles that dont fit FatTip Grande: Ikon Bulldog, Muelle R41
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Fatip Piccolo fits: Weber Bulldog handle, Tradere, Ikon OSS (
works but is loose until the final turn) ,UFO Kaiser (polished stainless, 100mm lg, 13mm diameter, 91 grams wt)

Handles wont fit: Mariner long handle, R41 Grande handle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Sorry to have a dissenting finding, my Nickel Grande head works fine with my Tradere and my Ikon SS Bulldog.

Sorry to have a dissenting finding, my Nickel Grande head works fine with my Tradere and my Ikon SS Bulldog.

Dont be sorry....I cant understand how for some they dont fit. We may need to compare sizes and diameters to see the defect pattern in each razor, and to if what is the real size after comparing them

Chrome Grande did not fit Tradere Handle
Nickel Grande and Nickel Piccolo did fit Tradere

My UFO Godzilla handle is still at the post office holding facility,I'll definately post when it arrives.

I use my nickel piccolo head on a Tradere handle. Fits like a glove.

tonight I will try my DE89 handle and my fat Tech handle and see if they fit.

Top Bottom