What's new

You know you're a shave-geek when...

... When you analyze the lather with every non shaving soap.
... When you think more about shaving shops while traveling to london than about the other locations.
... When you try your darnedest to get your wife into shave soaps so she will want to buy soaps for you.
... When your family gathering are now a time to convert your family to wet shaving.
... When you are proud of convincing someone to wetshave.
... When you have DE razors floating around your dreams...

Even though you are quite happy with the 3 razors you already have (and they will all outlive you) you buy 1 of every model variation that Gillette made in your birth quarter.

When you fall asleep reading B&B on your iPhone at night and find it embedded in your skin in the morning because you've slept on it. I've done this more times than I wish to admit.

When you hear someone use the expression "that was a close shave" and the first thing that goes through your mind is how aggressive your vintage razors are.

When you're on vacation in a friend's city and you ask him if he has any spare blades and he has five or six different kinds not found in local stores.

When after having one too many adult beverages you wake up the next morning finding you are clean shaven, don't even remember doing it, and don't have so much as a scratch to show for it. Certainly not something I want to make a habit of :]

When you actually consider getting your Dremel Tool out to make a blade slot in your brand new medicine cabinet in your brand new house; thinking how cool it'd be to make a little sticker that says "PLACE USED BLADES HERE"; Just pondering what the future owners would think about it....

...when you have been loving DE shaving for three years, and still regret the first 28 years you were using junk, ripoff carts.

When you are wishing your son and nephew are 10 years older just so that you can be sure that, like you, they are using
DE safety razors, a brush and soap when they shave.

..... When you pass up on the chance of an Aristocrat case on Fleabay ........ Then go check your cabinets to find that you already have twelve ....... Mostly occupied..... but you have spares ....... Who else would do that?

I actually wake up at 430AM to shave so that nobody bothers me ! :lol::tongue_sm

That's funny. I do the same thing. I had just retired from a job where I got up at about 2:30 AM everyday so I was already used to it. Then I thought, this is working out just great. Especially in the first few months of re-learning how to shave with a DE razor. I hate being disturbed with anything that takes concentration and time! The last thing you want to do with shaving is to rush.

When you think of shaving brushes when you take the kids to the petting zoo ...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430931262.749702.jpg

When after having one too many adult beverages you wake up the next morning finding you are clean shaven, don't even remember doing it, and don't have so much as a scratch to show for it. Certainly not something I want to make a habit of :]

:a14::lol:

"Uh oh, he's been drinking again..."
"How can you tell?"
"He's impeccably groomed"

When you start planning the next months shaves so you can systematically test a few different products.

Even more so when you realize you don't have enough shaves coming in the month to get to all your test plan.

Top Bottom