What's new

gem micro

having used the MMs quite a bit, I would rate them fairly aggresive. Maybe a 7-8 on a 1-10 scale.
They dont demand respect like an EverReady 1914, but they are no slouch like a Gillette Tech either.
Enjoy a lifetime of good shaves, and remember how aggresive a razor is or isnt will change depending on who youre asking....

these are open comb micromatics. how aggressive are they
Had my first shave with Open Comb Mikromatic last night. And what can I say... It was great! :thumbup1: Of course you have to "respect" it, but really it's not any different from shaving with other razors. Before that my experience with SE razors was limited, I have Schick Injector M with which I shave occasionally and I had 2 or 3 shaves with GEM Featherweight. Featherweight felt to mild for my liking so I re-PIFed it. but yesterday three SEs that Sam (Rockwiper) kinly sent me all the way from Canada arrived. Big thanks to him one more time! Back to OCMM, it was really easy to find the right angle and my face was extra clean after three passes. It was probably closest to BBS I've ever been. Though some guys would probably call it a BBS :001_smile I did get a couple of nicks but they were pimples that got caught really. Also there's a bit of razor burn especially under the chin. But that only means that I have to improve my technique with this razor. ~10 hours after the shave I can barely feel any stubble in couple of places and face still feels cleaner than with some other razor and blades combos right after shaving.
OCMMs are cheap on the Bay and it's really worth to try one.

Last edited:
Had my first shave with Open Comb Mikromatic last night. And what can I say... It was great! :thumbup1: Of course you have to "respect" it, but really it's not any different from shaving with other razors. Before that my experience with SE razors was limited, I have Schick Injector M with which I shave locationally and I had 2 or 3 shaves with GEM Featherweight. Featherweight felt to mild for my liking so I re-PIFed it. but yesterday three SEs that Sam (Rockwiper) kinly sent me all the way from Canada arrived. Big thanks to him one more time! Back to OCMM, it was really easy to find the right angle and my face was extra clean after three passes. It was probably closest to BBS I've ever been. Though some guys would probably call it a BBS :001_smile I did get a couple of nicks but they were pimples that got caught really. Also there's a bit of razor burn especially under the chin. But that only means that I have to improve my technique with this razor. ~10 hours after the shave I can barely feel any stubble in couple of places and face still feels cleaner than with some other razor and blades combos right after shaving.
OCMMs are cheap on the Bay and it's really worth to try one.
Glad to hear you liked it! The OCMM is a great razor and my second favorite GEM after the 1912.

Top Bottom