What's new

Honing forum is slow these days. So... Hone Pics power, ACTIVATE!

Wow, What'd you get for the big guys if you don't mind my asking. I tried for a couple 10" back in the day on eBay but they always went for $400-500 or more. I think I saw an escher labeled in that size break a thousand.

Kent - if that Ozuku was mine, I'd think long and hard about cutting it up. The skin is really interesting, and the chisel marks tell me that someone thought enough of that stone to put extra work into it. At least that's my take on it.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Kent - if that Ozuku was mine, I'd think long and hard about cutting it up. The skin is really interesting, and the chisel marks tell me that someone thought enough of that stone to put extra work into it. At least that's my take on it.

Thanks man, I really value your advice. I'll take a step back and mull it over.

:lol: it's an unknown nagura my dad bought with the Jnat he purchased years ago when we lived in Japan. It feels finer than the Koma I have, but never took the time to really experiment to see where it falls between Botan and tomo.

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's only 30g...if you think you can use it I'll trade you for another tomo if you want. I don't use it much and if it would bring you pleasure...there looks to be some inclusions here and there tho'.

Here's my mystery Jnat
proxy.php

Beautiful. Now I leave this thread, before my long dormant HAD awakens.

I feel like some coffee right now. Nice stone as always.

Thank you - I had a Okudo Suita Koppa that was nearly identical in hardness and coloring a while back but I sold it. I loved that Koppa for all but its shape. I was hoping an affordable rectangle of a similar type Suita would show up eventually. This one here is a hard, it does have Su, and it came lapped and ready to go.
I may just pick up some clear Kashu to seal it. I don't want to cover up the sides with black/brown.

Top Bottom