What's new

Lavender Revisited

So this one is pretty much a straight-up lavender frag? What other notes do you get from it?

Etat Libre d'Orange says lavender, musk and wood but to me it's flowery in the begining and later woody. Musk is very subtle and I never get much of that soapiness others talk about. lavender is always dominant. It's weird, I don't understand how do they do it.

I certainly don't want to hijack this thread even thought I was going to start one with similar content ... but does anyone know of a Lavender like Agua Lavanda Puig that has a longer staying power. I've had both the splash and the cologne in glass from La Tienda ... and they seem rather the same strength to me. I really like this lavender ... just wish it were a bit stronger.

I'll second this question. I have tried several lavenders (puig, DRH lavender water, Caldey Island, L'Occitane) and I still really like the scent of the Puig, but its longevity is abysmal. I would love to find another that was a cologne or even a better lasting AS that smelled like it.

All this talk of lavender prompted me to pick up samples of Gris Clair and LV Wild Lavender from Surrender to Chance. Glad I bought samples first - I don't like ether of them all that much. Both are sweet - the Lutens extremely so as I expected it might be based on the other Lutens I've sampled. The LV has a "parma violets" note that softens the lavender way too much - a big disappointment from a great house. I'll stick with the nice aromatic minty lavenders like Atkinsons and MdC - they are also quite inexpensive.

I was remiss in not mentioning Nancy Boy "Signature" scent, which is sold as a "body spray," even though is said to be a 20% all natural essential oil solution. Said to be solely French lavender, Washington peppermint and Tunisian rosemary. Very nice quaility, but not much in the way of legs. A different take on lavender scents. Almost a fresh laundry kind of scent to my nose. Very uplifting.

I'm following Rob's example and adding a few that were not mentioned and deserve to be:

État Libre d'Orange Éloge du Traître

Of course, lavender is very subtle and short living, only when I suspected there could be some I checked with the kindest of sales persons and my suspicion was confirmed. There is some. I've never seen lavender posted as an ingredient in EdT so this is kind of a curiosity.

Creed Bois du Portugal

When occasionally I do some decanting there are only two fragrances potent enough to fill up the room with 'heavy' lavender scent. One is Arome 3 and another is Bois du Portugal. On my skin it's noticeable but never prominent. When sprayed abundantly, lavender somehow gets free of the rest of the mix and fills up the room. Heavily.

Did anyone mention Parfum de Nicolaï New York?

Top Bottom