What's new

Movies or TV shows featuring DE/straight razor shaving...?

Hello my brothers! I was watching the movie "Frantic" (with Harrison Ford, 1988) and was pleasantly surprised to see him bowl lather and shave with a straight razor. This happens within the first 15 minutes of the movie.

What movies or television shows have you seen where an actor shaves with a DE or straight razor?

Cheers!

OK, I've got one...

AVENGERS! Yup, Avengers.

Near the very end of the movie when Fury is looking at a montage of various news feeds covering the Avenger's defense of New York, there is a guy getting a straight razor shave to trim his beard like Tony Stark.

The straight razor technique stinks, but there it is.

Ww

The new season of arrested development has a scene where Sally Sitwell shaves Ben stiller's legs with a Futur. And in Dennis Leary's rescue me, chief O'Reilly shaves with a straight and cuts himself. Not sure which season that was, but if you have seen the show, it's right in the middle of the chief dealing with his wife's Alzheimer's.

The new season of arrested development has a scene where Sally Sitwell shaves Ben stiller's legs with a Futur. And in Dennis Leary's rescue me, chief O'Reilly shaves with a straight and cuts himself. Not sure which season that was, but if you have seen the show, it's right in the middle of the chief dealing with his wife's Alzheimer's.
I loved that scene.....

Burt Lancaster in The Leopard (1964) perform a very classic straight razor´s shave with the vibe of the italian old school. Visconti was very precise in the details.

I noticed in one of the last episode of Misfits, Rudy was shaving his 'Future Self' with a DE, funny with all that happens in that kind of show, this is what sticks out to me.

There is a straight shave scene in 'Blind' where Demi Moore shaves Alec Baldwin. The first stroke is not too horrible, but it degrades quickly into 90 degree shave angles, and watching Demi rattle the blade around in a glass bowl to clean lather made me cringe.

I sent a friend a Gillette speed (50s) for a present and he told me that he was watching The Graduate with his girlfriend and noticed that Dustin Hoffman character was shaving with the same razor (not from the movie) I sent him. He was very excited. When I saw the scene, I clearly heard the distinctive "click, click" and realized that it was the adjustable fatboy. I didn't want to spoil his excitement so said nothing.

Top Bottom