What's new

My Brushes

Here are a couple of bad cell phone pics of my brushes. First brush was given to me by Larry at whippeddog.com for answering one of his Facebook questions its a 20 mm black badger. Next is a 20 mm silvertip that I bought from Larry about week ago. Then my first Simpson a Duke 2 in best. Finally my Omega 6320 that I was received as a pif in the never ending pif thread.
$Brushes 1.jpg$Brushes 2.jpg

All beautiful brushes, Jorge. What will be the 5th member of the family?

I was thinking about a Berkley. Want to try a less dense Simpson. I have been tempted to purchase a SOC Boar but after feeling the VDH boar I am scared to even try to face lather with something that stiff.

Nice quartet. Which is the favorite?

Over all I like my Duke 2 the best. It has a nice wight to it and feels better on the face than my whipped dog silvertip. It does need to loaded a bit longer than my silvertip. The silvertip does seem to release the lather a bit easier. Even though I prefer my Duke at $24 shipped the Whipped Silvertip an awesome deal.

Don't give up on the boar brushes so quickly. You need to give them a longer look. Jorge, IMHO everyone should have at least one good Boar Brush in his daily rotation. There are some very good brushes out there for cheap. I personally own a Semogue #1305 and it is a very efficient lather maker. It took some breaking in but it actually makes lather faster than any brush I have. Right now, I have two different boar brushes that I use regularly.

Top Bottom