What's new

For Science!

Also to add with a straight razor your lather will be a bit wetter than what you would use for a DE. If your getting soap scum on your blade your lather is a bit dry. Add a few drops to your lather. Congrates on the journey. Its worth it especially when people find out that you use one, there like, HUH you use what! Welcome aboard.

To prevent build up, I usually rinse my blades in hot water. 9 times out of ten this in enough. But when using a particularly sticky soap, I will pinch the blade between my fingers and carefully draw the blade out. As long as your fingers are ALWAYS going away from the spine you will not cut yourself.

I cringe everytime I see someone post about wiping the blade in between their fingers, but to each their own. I rinse, carefully, under the tape and then wipe it with a towel. During the shave, I wipe the soap off on a thick we sponge. Works great.

NOS footwear-

Nasty
Old
Socks

Cartridges get more flack than they deserve.

I recently used a couple of cheapos for head shaving,and since I also was travelling over the weekend I also used them on my face as well. The result? Quick, easy, smooth BBS in record time. The only real drawbacks to carts/disposables is the cost per shave and the lack of any sort of artistry/romance in using them. Use a cart with the same quality soap/prep as you use with your DEs or straights and they work great.

There, I said it.

NOS footwear-

Nasty
Old
Socks

Cartridges get more flack than they deserve.

I recently used a couple of cheapos for head shaving,and since I also was travelling over the weekend I also used them on my face as well. The result? Quick, easy, smooth BBS in record time. The only real drawbacks to carts/disposables is the cost per shave and the lack of any sort of artistry/romance in using them. Use a cart with the same quality soap/prep as you use with your DEs or straights and they work great.

There, I said it.

Ban him.

But I agree, I used carts with a good soap and brush and did not have that many problems.

Top Bottom