What's new

Does anyone know what is going on at Montale's??

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
In the past I have ordered a few times directly from Montale, never had a problem. Now, this April I send an order and the response came after quite a while that they are moving shop and the order would be filled in June - kind of an automated reply I guess. In the middle of June, I had not heard from them and sent again an e-mail, receiving the same response. Last week I again sent an email and did receive the same reply:

[FONT=&quot]"Hello,
Montale shop is closed for the moment.
We are happy to tell you that a new shop will open at the end of June. We will give you the adress on our website in few days ! :)
For any question about an order, you will have to wait the end of June also.
Best regards.
Montale team."

Odd, it is now the end of July.....anyone has any info what is going on there??[/FONT]

As I recall, there was some talk last year that Montale was about to split in two. There was the "House of Montale" that it seems had provided a French front for the operation, and there were the actual designers, who were in the UAE ( if I remember correctly). I'm fuzzy on the details, but it sounded like the name Montale might stay in one place and the juice in another. When I heard about this, I ordered an extra bottle of Rose Attar for my wife and a bottle of Cuir d'Arabie for myself. That's all I know--hopefully someone else will have a more positive update.

Strange; their web site has been updated, however it says store is re-locating and will re-open in September. I'm pessimistic..

I looked through some old threads here and at basenotes. Apparently the other company is called Tanelli. Their fragrances are available through Al Jazeera in and around the UAE (same bottles at Montale, different name). Not clear who--if anyone--is answering the mail in Paris.

Dang! I better find me some Aoud Lime.
There's always bumps in the road when this kind of stuff happens.

It wasn't long ago that I was at the Montale shop in Paris. They had a number of different Tanelli labelled bottles scatter across the store. I asked and they said it was the same brand as Montale under a different name.

Of course, speculation as to the real answers are hard to look past.

The store in Paris has changed owner.

proxy.php

The store in Paris has changed owner.

Yup, lingerie store now at old address. Montale store is moving to a new location (September?).

Good news is they are accepting orders from stores; whether those orders will be fulfilled, remains to be seen.

I've read several posts from the past few months speculating about Montale and what's happend with the people behind the company.

I won't repeat them here because I really have no idea how factual they are, but sounds like a lot of drama/politics/bad blood.

Today I contacted theperfumeshoppe.com in Vancouver to get a bottle of Aoud Lime.
They told me they could get it in 1-2 weeks.
We'll see. I will update when I have more information.

Just got news from Lucky Scent that the Montale I ordered at the beginning of May is in stock and will ship today. One hopes they've gotten their house in order.

Top Bottom