What's new

First SE shave, couple of problems

Ok so i tried a se shave for the first time yesterday and i managed to shave my cheeks and a part of my chin before switching back to my DE (decided to research a little more first).

Main problems i had were my upper lip and the bottom of chin where it curves. Ive looked for instructional videos but cant seem to find many that shows anyone shaving these areas, so does anybody have any tips or ideas?

Actually I don't shave these areas or any other area any different than when using a DE. The only modification I have is with the angle. I use my SE razors with an angle that puts the handle a bit closer to my face.

Keeping the correct blade angle is the tricky part, usually I'll go left to right, right to left on my chin & upper lip, it gets easier with practice.

Keep trying. I am still working on getting those areas clean myself. Those are among my most difficult shave areas to begin with. However I get great results with my EverReady 1912 on the rest of my face. It is especially good on my neck, which is quite sensitive.

Top Bottom