What's new

Travel Brushes?

Which travel brush do you recommend?

I'm looking for something for the gym bag and traveling - also I'm looking for a brush that represents good value.

Your views are most appreciated.

Although not intended or built as a dedicated travel brush, I now use my SR101 as a travel brush--I store it in a pill bottle, picked up for free at the drugstore. It works great!

As posted in the major thread about Simpson's Major, I just ordered one... I'll post my experience after I travel with it.

Also, there was a thread on travel brushes not too long ago... See HERE.

I don't go in for specific travel brushes. I just take my C&E best badger along. The travel case? The original box....:wink:

I think there are three reasons that I ordered the Major, rather than just, as Scotto does, take along one of my favorite normal-size brushes.

1. I wanted another Simpson super, and wanted to try something smaller than the Chub2.

2. I'm going away for a few days and kinda bought into the idea of a "travel" or "turnback" brush that had a case built in for drying. (And I tend to go away for weekends a few times a year, so I thought it's an investment to have something that I can just toss into a bag. Other than a "regular" brush.)

3. Supposedly the Major is "made for" travel, in that the bristles are Simpson-dense, but with a knot that's tougher or something... I don't know, but it sounded good when I gave my cc number!

I considered the Major during my deliberations which led me to finally buy the Dovo brush. I wanted it to fit in my Daines and Hathaway wetpack and the Major was just too fat.

Jonnybc said:
I considered the Major during my deliberations which led me to finally buy the Dovo brush. I wanted it to fit in my Daines and Hathaway wetpack and the Major was just too fat.

John....My Major(s) fit in my Daines and Hathaway wetpack just fine. I put it in one of the pouches and not under the strap.

Thanks to everyone who responded - sorry about not finding the previous thread before I asked!

The pill bottle suggestion sounds like a good one - at least from a cost perspective - however the lure of a dedicated travel brush is strong as its an excuse to buy more shaving stuff!

Thanks again.

slcsteve said:
John....My Major(s) fit in my Daines and Hathaway wetpack just fine. I put it in one of the pouches and not under the strap.
Good grief Steve! That's absolutely unacceptable!:lol:

slcsteve said:

But... but... what do you put under the straps?

My travel brush of choice is the Simpsons Major. It is quite small and compact while still being hell for stout. First rate bristle whose knot is just large enough to get the job done, the open ended handle/storage tube allows for drying if one is traveling daily and the overall package just exudes quality.

My value for money choice is the Vulfix. Used one for about a year and gave it to a friend. Did just as good a job as the Major but given a choice I'll date the prom queen rather than the plain girl behind the burger counter.

Regards,
Squire

Top Bottom