What's new

I don't much about coticule... but this made me laugh

Someone must have hacked into his eBay account and changed the pricing. He has 100% feedback. Or more likely he has been sniffing garnet powder.

Someone always buys these crazy things on eBay.

Last edited:
He has been listing dumb **** like this for the past few months. He regularly lists thuringians and coticules for $1k+ so this is a steal!

I wish I had the chance earlier to note that the person alternately used "geologist" and "gemologist" as if they're the same.

What's the size ? 2' x 5' ? A guy could make a combo coffee-table/hone out of it. "Excuse me, could you move your cup, need to do a touch-up"

All he needs is one sucker

I noticed he has one offer! Hope it's a lowball.

I have in my possession an exceptionally rare (1 of a kind) awesomely orange inked $1500 bill. The paper is very rare for U.S. currency. Guaranteed to be 100% paper, no cotton fiber, no Kevlar denomination strips, no cumbersome watermarks. 100% pure paper. Wonder if he'd consider a trade? I'd pay for shipping with normal cash. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Wow after the first reply to this thread I thought I was in the wrong....:blink:

Still I would like to know what makes some coticule so rare that they command a price (the price of the area I know factors in, and pink I've heard cuts faster). I know people collect coticules due to their different sizes and love for them ( I sold mine........and got a bigger one) If anyone has info, maybe we can update the wiki with it?.....Since there was a thread about the ULTIMATE COTICULE where the description was "This is the genuine article; the appraiser said the yellow side has a garnet percentage of upwards of 70% and the blue side 50%. This is unheard of with traditional blues and yellows of today, and for the majority of those mined over the years. The stone is absolutely gorgeous and hones like no other stone I've ever used before in my life" with absolutely no proof and then we have this seller as "
This one very very very Special over all other
coticules you see on the market.None of them are this awesomely Orange inthe color. And ya have a hard time finding onethis darn fine.so very high price i put this one at."

Seeing as this is the biggest shaving forum on the internet ( and we have alot of talent and knowledge here ) let's do it for the newbies and make it a one stop shop. There are alot of 'mericans (including myself) let's make it as easy as possible. Pretty please
:winkiss:

Wow after the first reply to this thread I thought I was in the wrong....:blink:

Still I would like to know what makes some coticule so rare that they command a price (the price of the area I know factors in, and pink I've heard cuts faster). I know people collect coticules due to their different sizes and love for them ( I sold mine........and got a bigger one) If anyone has info, maybe we can update the wiki with it?.....Since there was a thread about the ULTIMATE COTICULE where the description was "This is the genuine article; the appraiser said the yellow side has a garnet percentage of upwards of 70% and the blue side 50%. This is unheard of with traditional blues and yellows of today, and for the majority of those mined over the years. The stone is absolutely gorgeous and hones like no other stone I've ever used before in my life" with absolutely no proof and then we have this seller as "
This one very very very Special over all other
coticules you see on the market.None of them are this awesomely Orange inthe color. And ya have a hard time finding onethis darn fine.so very high price i put this one at."

Seeing as this is the biggest shaving forum on the internet ( and we have alot of talent and knowledge here ) let's do it for the newbies and make it a one stop shop. There are alot of 'mericans (including myself) let's make it as easy as possible. Pretty please
:winkiss:

Evidently my reply was confusing. Allow me to recap:

Yeah ... (this was directed at the seller indicate my disapproval of the ludicrous price for said "orange" Coticule)

You claim to not know much, but you knew enough to laugh. (this was directed at you casus4844 - per the thread title "I don't much about coticule... but this made me laugh" you claimed not to know much about Coticules, however despite your supposed lack of knowledge you still knew enough to laugh at the ludicrous asking price for a Coticule. My intention was to point out that you know more than you think you know. Can we high-five now?)

Beware of orange Coticules!

$cheeto fingers.jpg

Jkh... no high five... but one of these -> :a17: and me apologizing saying how awesome you are. I didn't know if it was sarcasm or not and I've read your posts before so I was caught a little surprised. The New York inner city part of me automatically thought ( why is he disrespecting me!!!) . But no were cool man. Sorry for the overreaction:blushing:

Actually... I'll give you a overreaction apology super high five!

Evidently my reply was confusing. Allow me to recap:

Yeah ... (this was directed at the seller indicate my disapproval of the ludicrous price for said "orange" Coticule)

You claim to not know much, but you knew enough to laugh. (this was directed at you casus4844 - per the thread title "I don't much about coticule... but this made me laugh" you claimed not to know much about Coticules, however despite your supposed lack of knowledge you still knew enough to laugh at the ludicrous asking price for a Coticule. My intention was to point out that you know more than you think you know. Can we high-five now?)

i emailed the seller asking him why he put one too many 0's on this sale....

he told me i would never find a natural combo for under 140$.... i told him my natural combo was 85$ shipped...

he is freaking clueless.... i think it possibly could be the dude with the 1month=long time straight razor experience... maybe his cousin...

Legion

Staff member
i emailed the seller asking him why he put one too many 0's on this sale....

he told me i would never find a natural combo for under 140$.... i told him my natural combo was 85$ shipped...

he is freaking clueless.... i think it possibly could be the dude with the 1month=long time straight razor experience... maybe his cousin...

I love his thought process.

"You would never find a natural combo for under 140$... so I'm gonna sell this one for.... $1499. Yep, that seems about right."

I'm sarcastic by nature. Sarcasm does not show through the typed word. There needs to be a special sarcasm font.

[sarcasm]... yep... good luck with the sale.... [/sarcasm]

i think i am gonna soak my coti in orange koolaide mixed with garnets for a couple weeks and see if i can get a grand out of it.....

Top Bottom