What's new

Post Your Catch

I live on east coast between Ft Pierce and Vero Beach. We were on the flats just south of Harbor Branch on the Indian River.

This mornings trophy. Caught three minutes drive from my house. Happy Friday!

$IMG_1794 (2).jpg

Caught this nice carp on a trip to a new lake today, really nice days fishing there, used a really simple set up and just a piece of bread pinched on the hook so it floats in the surface, great to watch the fish swimming up to your bait and gulping it down.
$picks_01.jpg

Caught this nice carp on a trip to a new lake today, really nice days fishing there, used a really simple set up and just a piece of bread pinched on the hook so it floats in the surface, great to watch the fish swimming up to your bait and gulping it down.
View attachment 476464

I've only had great luck with using bread in fresh water. Unfortunately around here, the turtles LOVE it and will come steal it off your hook.

I've only had great luck with using bread in fresh water. Unfortunately around here, the turtles LOVE it and will come steal it off your hook.
The waterfowl always try and grab it so you have to be watching all the time otherwise you will have a fight with a big goose on your hands:biggrin1:

Carp on topwater, lol
Best way to catch them on that lake, if you can get them feeding on the surface with dog biscuits then you could catch quite a few as they just start gulping down everything when they get confident.

The waterfowl always try and grab it so you have to be watching all the time otherwise you will have a fight with a big goose on your hands:biggrin1:

Best way to catch them on that lake, if you can get them feeding on the surface with dog biscuits then you could catch quite a few as they just start gulping down everything when they get confident.

Interesting, I always assumed when Carp fishing you'd want the bait on the bottom. I'll have to try that on my local lake when the weeds clear in the fall.

Interesting, I always assumed when Carp fishing you'd want the bait on the bottom. I'll have to try that on my local lake when the weeds clear in the fall.
I thought the same when I started to fish for carp, sometimes they just don't get their heads down and grub around for food, a bait popped up an inch or two off the bottom can make a huge difference sometimes, another good method over here is to have a floating bait set at a certain depth to get them while they are cruising about in the mid layers as they are sometimes not on the bottom if the water is warmer in the mid levels, trial and error until you find the right depth sometimes. Not too up on the US carp thing, but carp fishing is huge in the UK and there is loads of tackle, rigs, baits and tactics to try and hook them.
Catching them on the surface is the most fun as you can see them swimming about in the right light and can get them feeding on the surface if you are quiet and don't spook them, then flick your bait out and wait for a big mouth to gulp it in, then all hell breaks loose:biggrin1:

$photo(6).jpg

Feast your eyes gentlemen!! I'll be giving fishing lessons on how to catch monsters like this. Lol.
We spent about 30 minutes on the water this morning before the lightning and thunder came out of nowhere and sent us to shore. We didn't get skunked but with this guy being our only catch, it's as close to skunked as you can get.

Caught 3 carp today

10lb first cast of the day
$10_01.jpg

Then a 12lb caught on the surface with a dog biscuit on the hook
$12_01.jpg

Then a really nice 22lb carp, caught with a dog biscuit floated on the surface again
$22_01.jpg

Top Bottom