What's new

Post Your Catch

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Good eye! Yes, we have a Native Watercraft Ultimate 16. Nice ride with room to spare for gear.
Nice! I saw kayak fishing for the first time on WFN (World Fishing Network) a few months ago. Looks mighty fun!

I have a lazy river close to my house and several lakes. I'm thinking a fishing kayak would be perfect for them.

It is a nice way to kill an afternoon, and is a ton of fun when your 'on the fish'.

We fish the Intracoastal Waterway most of the time and you have to watchful of the weather and boating conditions while your out, conditions can change fast. We've fished Lake Okeechobee as well...some days you might as well be on an ocean it's so rough. I would agree, kayak fishing is perfect for lakes and easy flowing rivers. The bonus is alot of times you can get on water the gassers can't access since you don't need a ramp to launch from.

If you decide to pull the trigger on a kayak, check with the local shops. Alot of times they will have 'demo days' where you can try out multiple makes/models. It also gives you a taste of what's really involved in getting a kayak moving around in a body of water. Once you settle on a particular kayak check * List, *-bay and other cyber garage sales for a good deal. There's lots of folks out there that didn't demo a yak, found out they hate it, and now they want it out of the garage...at a cut rate! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It is a nice way to kill an afternoon, and is a ton of fun when your 'on the fish'.

We fish the Intracoastal Waterway most of the time and you have to watchful of the weather and boating conditions while your out, conditions can change fast. We've fished Lake Okeechobee as well...some days you might as well be on an ocean it's so rough. I would agree, kayak fishing is perfect for lakes and easy flowing rivers. The bonus is alot of times you can get on water the gassers can't access since you don't need a ramp to launch from.

If you decide to pull the trigger on a kayak, check with the local shops. Alot of times they will have 'demo days' where you can try out multiple makes/models. It also gives you a taste of what's really involved in getting a kayak moving around in a body of water. Once you settle on a particular kayak check * List, *-bay and other cyber garage sales for a good deal. There's lots of folks out there that didn't demo a yak, found out they hate it, and now they want it out of the garage...at a cut rate! :thumbup:
It sounds like you have a grand ole time with yours! I do have a boat/marine shop in town, actually less than 5 miles away. Perfect excuse to stop in now.

I don't have any experience on the water, but I have a lot on the shore.

Thanks for the info and happy fishing to you!

Fishing has not been the greatest lately. Rain and wind have dirtied the waters up considerably. However, did catch a few today.

Some silver trout, a porgy or two, and a nice speckled trout.

$catch 6-27.jpg

Caught them on a Gulp shrimp.

Also caught some big Jack Crevalle that were released.

$mystery fish.jpg
The mystery fish.

Followed by the Triggerfish.

$trigger.jpg

Have no idea what happened to the photos originally since I used the same process to post the earlier photos.

Fishing has not been the greatest lately. Rain and wind have dirtied the waters up considerably. However, did catch a few today.

Some silver trout, a porgy or two, and a nice speckled trout.

View attachment 346127

Caught them on a Gulp shrimp.

Also caught some big Jack Crevalle that were released.

Jim,

Has snook season been opened back up on your side of the state?

Jim,

Has snook season been opened back up on your side of the state?

No, the magic day is September 1. I caught a beauty early this year and released it. Unfortunately my brother in law took a picture which showed my face with a big smile but he forgot to put the fish in the picture. :angry:

Your mystery fish looks like a parrotfish. Also could be a female hog, hard to tell by the picture. Anymore of it that show the top fin or face?

$IMG_0592.jpg

I haven't done any fishing in 20 years but last weekend I bought a permit and got my tackle together. This morning I went looking for a spot on the river to fish in the near future and I found what looked to be a pretty nice place. I thought I should just toss my line in now and make sure the reel is still working and on my second cast I pull out a pike. Its was about 12" or 13" long. I released it back into the river and he took off.

I plan on staying longer tomorrow am.

j

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Went out on the 4th for some crappie, only caught one, but it was a big one, about 12".

$IMG_5003.jpg

It was delicious!
$IMG_5004.jpg

Pulled 10 sheepshead out of the river the other day. Fun to reel in but not good eating.

$fish.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom