What's new

Post Your Catch

We actually had to hike a bit to get to that spot. There were more people fishing close to the public access points so we decided to get off the beaten path and hike away from the access points. When we found this stretch of creek, we were standing on the top of the bluff you can see in the video, looking down at the water's surface. We did it tactically of course so we wouldn't spook the fish but we could see fish actively feeding in this particular stretch of water. We had to find a way down and we crossed well upstream from that bluff. Once we finally hiked downstream from our crossing point, it was just a matter of getting in the water without disturbing the feeding trout. Fortunately, there was plenty of cover along the banks to conceal us.

4 yellowtail and a blue fin tuna with my boys on July 4

$P_20150704_152843.jpg

Last edited:
I went fishing for the first time in probably 25 years, and my 12 year old son was in charge. I caught three bass, but my most memorable cast was when I caught the sea-snake (our term for water plants) and launched half of my pole into the water. I heard a big SPLOOSH right after the cast, and I was afraid the lure had flown off. Nope, just the top half of the pole!

My son has caught the fishing bug in a major way, and I'm looking forward to diving back in myself.

Attachments

• $Dave fishing sea snake.jpg
    $Dave fishing sea snake.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 141
  • $Blake fish pic.jpg
    $Blake fish pic.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 141
I went fishing for the first time in probably 25 years, and my 12 year old son was in charge. I caught three bass, but my most memorable cast was when I caught the sea-snake (our term for water plants) and launched half of my pole into the water. I heard a big SPLOOSH right after the cast, and I was afraid the lure had flown off. Nope, just the top half of the pole!

My son has caught the fishing bug in a major way, and I'm looking forward to diving back in myself.

Just keep smiling.

Sweet catches guys!! Keep it up! I'm planning a little fishing trip to a local pond (that's kept stocked!) with my son as a back-to-school/first-time-at-school outing.

Top Bottom