What's new

Post Your Catch

Last night

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429191771.439061.jpg was a fat one. If I ate fish it would have come home with me. It went back in pond for another to enjoy

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429191827.069914.jpg that fishes little brother. Nice fish. Again released

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429191866.854793.jpg final fish. Think it's a crappie, but not sure. I know the first 2 are rainbow trout. All3 caught in 30 min. Sorry for poor photos...on phone and was by myself, and rushed to get fish back into water as I don't keep fish usually.

Last edited:
I am in Indiana this week. My brother-in-law is as avid a fisherman as I am. A relative of his lives on a farm that has two large ponds on it. Unfortunately, there has been no fishing pressure on the ponds. As a result many of the fish are stunted and the ponds are overrun with sunfish. He asked my brother-in-law to do him a favor and fish the ponds. We agreed and yesterday went there.

We ended up catching 82 bluegills, two catfish (a channel and yellow belly), 17 crappies and 12 bass. Much to our surprise some of the bluegills were of decent size: small but fatter than we expected. Here's a photo of the crappies, bass, and catfish.

$Fish 4 15.jpg

There is an old saying that fish bite best when the wind is from the west and least from the east. Well, the wind was from the east and the bite was good.

We plan to return on Friday. And then it's on to Florida for some more fishing.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
great fish all around.
I just got my fishing license yesterday, now I just need time to go

Just left Lake Okeechobee where I did some fishing. We caught some catfish and bluegills. We also caught some nice bass - but all of them were less than the minimum 18" limit so they were released. Much to my shock, one of the cats was caught on a rubber worm!

$bluegills.jpg$cats.jpg

I happened upon that article today as an acquaintance just restored two Florida Stumpknocker boats and I was doing some research on them! Those fish do look similar to my inexperienced eye.

Last edited:
Just one carp today, 14lb 5oz/6.5kg
$14lb.jpg

It put up quite a scrap for it's size, then I saw it's tail and realised why! Huge tail for a fish this size!!
$14lb2.jpg

Thanks! It was a great fight and it nearly beat me when it made a run for the reeds to try and snag me, just stopped it in time and managed to turn it:001_smile

Two years ago I was fishing in Indiana and snagged a carp by the tail while fishing a Mr. Twister on a small jig. I was using an ultra light and it took me 30 minutes to land the fish. I thought I had caught a turtle!

Two years ago I was fishing in Indiana and snagged a carp by the tail while fishing a Mr. Twister on a small jig. I was using an ultra light and it took me 30 minutes to land the fish. I thought I had caught a turtle!
Sounds like fun! always interesting when you are fishing light and something big comes along:biggrin1:

Caught this little guy a couple weeks ago in the Chesapeake.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434027772.650615.jpg

Please excuse the blinding whiteness!

That same weekend, we caught a mess of small croaker's (pan fry sized), a taylor blue, two blow toads, a baby stingray, and two stingrays about 2.5' across. It was a really fun weekend!

Last edited:
Top Bottom