What's new

What razor blade did you use today? How many days?

Dorco disposable straight razor blade - Shave #4

proxy.php

Gillette 7 o'clock Black Ninja. These are the absolute best. I've lost count of the number of shaves on this blade but it has to be around 10. No complaints.

Lord Platinum class blade Shvae Number 2. I am a fan of Lord blades because they give me a close shave with no iritation where as my Astra SP gives me a realy close shave but it also gives me a little bit of irritation.

Super-Max Sunrise Super Stainless (1)

After binning my second Topaz Platinum, I decided to move on to the next Indian blade I hadn't yet tried. In fact, this was my first shave with any of the Super-Max variants (the vaunted Super Platinum is up next).

This was outstanding, top-tier really. Using a nice, light touch in my '40s SS, it was highly efficient on every pass, so you know that sucker's sharp. I made a tiny weeper with the blade corner and barely even realized it until the red flag showed up. VERY comfortable 3-pass BBS. I'm intrigued to know how long it will last, and how well it will perform in my razor rotation this coming week.

Today was the first day of trying out the Brown-box Polsilvers! Used one in a slim, set to 5. A surprisingly good shave, but hard to compare to an Iridium Super (since I haven't used an IS for a long time). I'll have to use an IS next week to make a decent comparison.
-- Chet

Top Bottom