What's new

Face-Off: Semogue 2010 LE Custom Boar (i.e. the Blue Boar) -vs- Mystery Brush

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Received my Semogue 2010 LE Custom Boar (which I've nicknamed the Blue Boar) today from fellow member Gryffandor (Thanks!) and also stumbled across some Hawkin's Cheezies at the same time.

When I got home, since I was planning on lathering the Semogue to help it break in, I figured I might as well do a head-to-head. So, without further delay here is the slugfest....

The Participants!
Soaking in the Blue corner.............. The Semogue 2010 LE Custom Boar!
High and Dry in the Orange corner.... The Cheezie!
Your referee for this match............. Gentlemen's Refinery, Standard

The GR Standard gives both combatants their final instructions and then spreads across the combat pit to get a better view of all the action....

Round-1 ends after about 45 seconds, and the Semogue is literally creaming the poor Cheezie.....

The combatants head back to their corners to rest ....

... but are both devoured by the local topography.

The verdict.....
Winner by creamery.... The Semogue 2010 LE Custom Boar.... :thumbup:
BUT
Best Dinner Date award goes to ...... The Cheezie!

Happy shaving, foks!l

Last edited by a moderator:
gotta love Hawkins. My favorite Cheezie by a long show.

that Blue Boar is a beauty. there were a few guys looking for them recently, and I both you (and itsmedave i believe) both ended up getting them pretty quick.

Some things should never go together....peas and carrots...Michal Jackson and children...cheesies and soap....

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
They were an LE made in 2010 (with our B&B blue!) but not numbered. Here's the wiki entry with a link to the initial ordering thread near the bottom, which contains reviews near to the end of the thread.

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
To give the cheezie a fighting chance, maybe I should have used Arko?
(and no... I'm not going to make a "Lathering Arko with a Cheezie" thread)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Hi Leon, I'm really liking the brush so far... the blue one, not the orange one (but I like that one in a far different way!). In your opinion, what knot in the normal Semogue line has the most similar feel? I face lather.

Last edited:
Top Bottom