What's new

Serengeti sunglasses.

In my continuing quest for the perfect pair of shades I have become interested in Serengeti sunglasses. Any of you have experience with Serengeti? I can't find them local, so it looks like my only option would be to order them online.

Any feelings, opinions or experiences with these glasses would be great to hear about.

In my continuing quest for the perfect pair of shades I have become interested in Serengeti sunglasses. Any of you have experience with Serengeti? I can't find them local, so it looks like my only option would be to order them online.

Any feelings, opinions or experiences with these glasses would be great to hear about.

I have a pair of Serengeti Velocity glasses with the driver's gradient lenses. I've had them for several years and are happy with them.

I originally bought them to wear underneath my motorcycle helmet. I specifically did not want polarized glasses and these worked well for that.

These days I wear them when I'm driving in overcast or twilight conditions. The drivers gradient lenses is not comfortable for me in really strong sunlight.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

A couple years ago I bought a pair of Mosely Tribes sunglasses (amber tint), and really love them. I know nothing about Serengeti, but if money is no object (mine were over $200) then I'd say check that brand out.

I bought my wife a pair of Revos, and she hated them because the polarization messed with her vision when looking through the tint on her car windows. (Great glasses otherwise.) I got her Serengeti's instead, and they are very nice - nothing but good things to say about them.

I like the Seregentis so much I "annexed" my wife's pair. I've tried Revos, Gargoyles, Ray-bans, Hobie, etc., and I find that I like the Serengetis best. I don't know what it is, the coloration or what, but I find that I can wear them much longer than the others. They are the one brand I don't seem to notice I'm wearing.

Serengeti Large Aviators (drivers gradient only), youll love them. Guaranteed.

For snowy/low-light/cloudy days, get some yellow-tinted glasses. I have a pair of Ray-Ban yellows, but you can find glasses interchangable lenses at REI, such brands as NATIVE and Smith are the top two.

Personally, I prefer the polarized lenses although they can change the view of polarized displays such as GPS- although I have yet to meet a display that was polarized in such a way that in typical use, the polarized glasses were a problem.

I have a pair of Revos that are optically clear and really clear things up.
The Maui Jims seem to be in the same class.

I had Oakleys, nice for sports, but weren't polarized.

Rob

I wore prescription Serengeti drivers for years, I really liked their vermillion drivers, but I don't think they're available as prescription anymore.
Does anyone know otherwise?
Jim

I have had a pair of Drivers for 20 years or so. I love them. Not only do they work well as shades but they make things crisper and clearer as well, particularly when there is snow on the ground.

Top Bottom