What's new

Fatip Grande vs Fatip Piccolo vs Fatip Grande Nickel

Thinking of purchasing a Fatip. I get a bunch of contradicting info on those 3 models. I understand that they all have the same Fatip head.
Piccolo has a shorter but heavier handle. Grande comes in 3 finishes and they are gold, nickel, and ?
Did I get all that right? What's the third one?

Gold Nickel and chrome, i have the chrome, matches up better with my weber and the handle thing is correct smaller heavier (solid) on the piccolo, and the grande, is bigger and lighter as its hollow like a 34c HD is

I see, thanks. Nickel and Chrome! Anyone has a side by side pics of those two? Any other benefit of choosing one over the other besides looks?

i dont have side by side of the two i can show you a nickel slim next to a chrome fatip or merkur when i get home, looks between nickel and chrome would be only big difference,

Nickel is softer a warmer yellowish tint to it, chrome is the blueish hue to it colder tint to it, if your pocket change is same as ours think of the difference between a nickel and a dime

Nickel is the finish on most vintage Gillettes; Superspeeds, Fatboys, Slims, etc. Chrome is the finish on a Muhle R89 or an EJ DE89; bright and shiny.

Personally, I prefer the look of nickel, but some guys like the shinier look of chrome. It's completely a matter of taste.

Gold Nickel and chrome, i have the chrome, matches up better with my weber and the handle thing is correct smaller heavier (solid) on the piccolo, and the grande, is bigger and lighter as its hollow like a 34c HD is

You have the handle lengths? Not posted anywhere here or on the vendor site.

You have the handle lengths? Not posted anywhere here or on the vendor site.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...le-sizes-and-handle-name-thread-post-all-here!!

***Handle and FATIP Razor specs Section***:

Razor Specs:

1) Fatip Grande Nickel: Handle length 77 mm/ total length 85 mm/ WT 65 g/ ( Thread 4.35)
2) Fatip Piccolo :
Handle length 70 mm/ WT 72 g/ Heavier than others
3) Fatip Grande Chrome : Handle length 77 mm/ total length 85 mm/ WT 65 g/ ( Thread measure 4.38mm)-Screw: 4.36 MM width : 14.05mm length
4) Fatip Grande Gold : Handle length 77 mm/ total length 85 mm/ WT 65 g/

HANDLES SPECS:

1) Tradere ( head 4.80, WT 66 gm)
2) Edwin Jagger DE89 ( threads 4.89mm)-
whole razor Weight = 76g
3) Gillette Fat Tech handle
4) Gillette New Comb-
Gillette Bar Handle/SC New =WT 20.4/ - Gillette Ball Handle /LC New = WT 24.7
5) Weber Bulldog (needs 2 extra turns for fit)
, 2.4 ounces / 3 inch long /
6) Weber Classic- wt 58 gms ........3-7/8" in length (9.8 cm)
6) Weber 'New' Classic -wt 76 gms
7) Ikon Bulldog,
8) Ikon OSS
[head 4.85- wt 100 gms - 95mm long - 12.25mm diameter] (works but is loose until the final turn) ,
9) UFO Kaiser (polished SS, 100mm lg, 13mm diameter, 91 grams wt)
10) Mariner long handle

11) R41 Grande handle ( whole razor WT 35.5)
12) Bob Razor Works Deluxe XL,
13) Feather AS. ( whole razor Wt 90 gms / 3 1/2 in long)
14) UFO-Godzilla (316L Stainless Steel. 85 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 103 gr weight.
Thread is M5x0.8.The neck ends to 8.5 mm)
15) UFO Goliath XL- 316L Stainless Steel. 100 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. 123 gr weight./Red Bronze. 100 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber. ??? gr weight (pending)./Thread is M5x0.8. 16) Heavy Duty Premium Barber-pole handle (89 gm).
17) lord 16
18) LC ball end gold plated (GB)
18)
Gillette Old OC ball end silver plated (US),
19)
Gillette Old OC short travel handle (US),

20)
Gillette Tech slim handle (fat alike) (GB),
21)
Gillette Tech straight aluminium,
22)
Mercur 985CL (2 piece travel handle),

23)
Parker 98R ( 4" handle and weighs 3 oz. whole razor wt)

24)
Parker 91r (handle length 99mm, weight 80g (head+handle)
25)
Parker 48R (handle length 91 mm, weight 96g (head+handle)
26) BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe XL- (93 grams/ 96mm long, 13mm diameter on the main handle and 15mm diameter on the magnetic knob on the end.)
27) UFO Goliath - 316L Stainless Steel. 85 mm long. 15/15 mm caliber./ 103 gr weight.Red Bronze. 85 mm long./ 15/15 mm caliber./ 115 gr weight/.Thread is M5x0.8

28) Gillette 7'oclock (GB)
29) Gillette New OC LC ball end gold plated (GB)

30) Gillette New OC LC ball end Sheffield/Laurel (GB)
31) Gillette Old OC ball end silver plated (US)
32) Gillette Old OC short travel handle (US)
33) Gillette Tech fat handle (GB)
34) Gillette Tech slim handle (fat alike) (GB)
35) Gillette Tech straight aluminium
36) iKon Bulldog handle
37) Lord L6
38) Mercur 985CL (2 piece travel handle)
39)Parker 98R Heavy Duty Premium Barberpole
40)Sabi fat handle

A little thread resurrection here.

What would be the best Fatip finish to get to match a UFO Kaiser handle in stainless steel? I'm thinking chrome....

Ben

A little thread resurrection here.

What would be the best Fatip finish to get to match a UFO Kaiser handle in stainless steel? I'm thinking chrome....

Ben

get the black one, forget chrome, nickel and gold, all that is too gaudy

super resurrection!

Last edited:
Top Bottom