What's new

The NJ incident of 2012

This is my official proposal for a meetup this year (after August 17ish is when I will be moved in and settled down hopefully) In the northern Jersey area if that works for you all?

Depending on when, I might try to make it. I'll be in New Jersey not long after you get moved in.

Late August - early September and somewhere a country boy can drive to. I'll be coming from Orange.
That's all I had, i'll leave the rest to the locals ;)

Late August - early September and somewhere a country boy can drive to. I'll be coming from Orange.
That's all I had, i'll leave the rest to the locals ;)

OK Gents, you heard him. Let's get a list of some places. Star Tavern is in West Orange, it could be in one of the other Oranges, I can never remember.

I know a nice family owned Irish Pub/Restaurant in Wayne that should be able to accomodate us. www.grasshoppertoo.com I'm a big fan of the "Hopper Burger"

How about Harold's New York Deli? The food's awesome and it's in a slightly somewhat vaguely kinda more central position in jersey and right off the NJTP to make it more easily accessible to NJ members that don't live in Orange.
http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com

Last edited:
Harold's is great, but isn't the place usually packed. Don't know if they'd allow us the time and space. The last time was close to me and I don't get out much, so I'll let others decide. I can go north or south. The Irish place sounds good, but pretty far north for the southern guys. Heck I could even go for Rutt's Hut (2010) again but that is also north.

Yeah, I'm not saying to have it in AC or anything, just somewhere that's a little more accessible to those of us coming from the SJ area. I remember having to run up to Elizabeth for work one day and even at 120 on the TP the drive took FOREVER! I can't imagine what it would be like to have to go further only doing 70.

Top Bottom