What's new

Anyone have/used an EJ Lined Chatsworth?

Every time I use my Merkur LHC, I realize that is shaves me better than all my other razors - I guess it's my go to razor. So I'm thinking about down-sizing to just 1 or 2 razors. I figure if I really do that, might as well shave every day w/ something really nice. I've always liked the looks of the lined Chatsworth and since it has the Merkur head and looks to be a little longer than the average razor, I thought it maybe the perfect razor for me as an every day shaver. I never imagined spending that much on a DE but I could cover the costs by selling off the vintage Gillettes.

Anyway, before I actually drop that much on a razor I wanted to get some feedback from people here. Does anyone have experience with one and how it compares to the LHC, 38c or other Merkur razors?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

I love mine,its the standard HD head. Shavemac also has some razors you should check out, any of the razors on the site are available with a DE head.

I have to think back... I sold my EJ Chatsworth razor quite a while ago along with the 38C at the same time. The quality on those razors are second to none with the finish having multiple coatings with excellent polish. The razor has the HD head with the handle that screws in (like the HD except the whole handle turns). I did not care for the balance of it. The handle is quite heavy (even heavier than the 38C). It never felt great in my hand and I decided I just don't care for big and heavy DE razors. Add a Futur to the list - I sold that one too.

Dennis

Hmm...didn't realize it was that heavy. Makes sense being solid metal and longer though.
I like longer razors like the LHC and 38c and I like a little heft but sometimes I think even the 38c is too heavy. I was thinking the Chatsworth would be somewhere in between.
Maybe I should stick to one of the faux handled models to decrease the overall weight and keep more of weight in the head of the razor?

I was thinking about a EJ lined or horn chatsworth because they are so sharp looking, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much when I was able to pick up the 38C for $30

My thought was much like Dusty's. I love the Merkur HD and the lined Chatsworth is one of the most beautiful (new) razors that I have seen, so I ordered one, for the wife to give me for Christmas. Hopefully it will shave as great as it looks. Now my thought is.... which new brush would look good sitting in the stand next to it?

I have a lined Chatsworth in gold and it is an absolutely gorgeous piece of shaving equipment. I do agree though that it is handle heavy and it is a little more difficult to guage the amount of pressure. Lately, I've come to prefer my more agressive Merkur Vision adjustible and the Chatsworth is just eye candy and I don't use it that much.

Top Bottom