What's new

Tuscany by Aramis

I used Tuscany aftershave splash (the liquid, not balm) for, it seems like about 15 years. I was very disappointed when it was discontinued a few years ago. I can still find the EDT spray at a few places online, but started wondering...

Is there another cologne or aftershave that smells similar to Tuscany? I'm not sure how to describe the scent, but maybe some of you folks will know. (Actually, it seems to me that the formula might have changed over the years. I remember buying it online a couple of times and thought it didn't smell exactly like a previous bottle. Maybe I'm imagining that.)

By the way, I was in a Bath and Body Works store the other day with my wife. I saw a B&BW cologne called, Citron. I think it smelled similar to Tuscany, but couldn't remember for sure. Anyone used these?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at those suggestions.

It may be a bit dated, but Tuscany is still my favorite aftershave/cologne. I have to admit though, I don't have a lot of different colognes. I don't like something strong and Tuscany always seemed to be a good balance.

Funny you are having a hard time finding Tuscany. Last year they were selling gift sets with big bottles of the EDT and aftershave balm here at good prices around our Father's day.

Anyhow, if you want an aftershave of Tuscany, just mix your own balm up.
Find a fragrance neutral balm (e.g Rexona for Men, Nivea Extra-sensitive), pour into the palm of you hand, spray three squirts of EDT into it, mix with your finger, and apply to your face.
Regards,
Renato

That's a good idea. I'm not really wild about balms - much prefer a liquid splash. I do use the regular Nivea balm, which is good, but am not crazy about the texture.

Are there some neutral liquids I might try doing the same thing with?

Thanks again.

You can dilute any cologne with witch hazel, alcohol, water or any combination of those to get an aftershave. Throw in a few drops of glycerin to add some moisturizing if you want.

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at those suggestions.

It may be a bit dated, but Tuscany is still my favorite aftershave/cologne. I have to admit though, I don't have a lot of different colognes. I don't like something strong and Tuscany always seemed to be a good balance.

It may very well be "dated" in the sense that it was released in the 70's, but I still think it smells really good. Rive Gauch and Azzaro were also released in the 70's.

You can by Thayers "unscented" witch hazel and spray a squirt of Tuscany in a handful of it and splash it on your face. Three sprays seems like a lot for a facial application....but I have never done it.

That's a good idea. I'm not really wild about balms - much prefer a liquid splash. I do use the regular Nivea balm, which is good, but am not crazy about the texture.

Are there some neutral liquids I might try doing the same thing with?

Thanks again.

I agree on the Nivea - it always gives me a wet look that I don't like, which is why I more often use the Rexona Men balm. I know that there are quite a few neutral balms sold in the USA, because they have been mentioned at Basenotes, but I don't remember what they're called.
Regards,
Renato

After all this talk about Tuscany I put some on today. Still great. I like it because it is good any time of year. We are having a serious heat wave here in California and it still smells good.

Also, I don't know how many times a year Perfumania does this (I know they do it at least once at the beginning of the new year), but they have a massive sale (in store only) where at least three quarters of their merchandise is half off. Last time they did this, the whole Aramis Gentleman's Collection was half off and only $25 per big bottle (Tuscany, Havana, New West, Devin, etc.). So if you have a Perfumania near you, you may want to inquire about when their next big sale will be.

The cologne is available at a number of places. The aftershave has been discontinued for years and I'm sure perfumenetwork does NOT have it. A simple google search will turn up anything, but no one actually has the aftershave.

I'm going to try making some from the cologne. I like that idea as a "Plan B".

Sorry. I tried.

No - that's Aramis, not Tuscany. Thanks, anyway.

I've also wondered what Havana smells like. I think it is also by Aramis. I've never seen it in a store, though.

No - that's Aramis, not Tuscany. Thanks, anyway.

I've also wondered what Havana smells like. I think it is also by Aramis. I've never seen it in a store, though.

It is a good one. You can order decants from Archefire. He is in the vendor section.

What does that mean - "Decants"? How does it differ from buying a factory bottle?

The only difference is the size. A factory bottle is just that.....a bottle. A decant is a small amount taken from the original bottle and transferred into a smaller atomizer for a fraction of the price. It is like a sample. He sells 2ml, 4ml, and 10ml decants. It is a good way to try a fragrance to see if you like it before buying a full bottle.

Top Bottom