What's new

What's the most masculine smelling cologne or after-shave balm?

That gets a bit subjective. But many mentioned are quite masculine.

I would throw out some of the 80s style scents as oozing testosterone. Most 80s Scent's were a combo of patchouli and sandalwood that pipit out a particularly masculine vibe.

Van Clef & Arpels Pour Homme
Giorgio for Men. (not to be confused with anything by Armani. Giorgio Beverly Hills is the name of the company)
Santos de Cartier Concentre
Versace L'Homme ( I know lots of this crowd read "Versace" and think "ewwww, Versace!" But this was his first fragrance for men and it is potent, manly stuff)

Vintage Tabarome is probably the King Kong to me, but it is discontinued and VERY pricey if you find it.

Penhaligons Sartorial one of the modern offerings that's all man.

I picked up a bottle of Dirty English at Ross for about $15 - leather, wood, and tobacco are all used to describe it in the reviews. I like it, and think it's one of the 'manlier' scents I've come across.

Eau de Quinine and Lilac Vegetal pictured in John Waynes shaving kit.

It don't get much manlier than John Wayne my friend.

Whoa, pilgrim.

The little feller was just looking for a manly scent. Ya don't want to kill him with testosterone shock the first time out.

Leave the Lilac Vegetal to the professionals. He may still have AXE behind the ears, best to let him ease in to it.

Now, saddle up!

John Wayne

My vote would go to something like Azzaro pour Homme, Parfums de Nicolaï Carré d'As or Parfum d'Interdits Absolument homme.

Aqua Velva.

Mods, you may as well close this thread, the question is definitively answered.

Glad to be of service.

Jeff

Thanks for all the advice fellahs.

I just went old-school and unoriginal and bought some Proraso after-shave for $20. When I have a better budget, I'll explore some of these expensive colognes. Thread is bookmarked for then.

Thanks again.

In the US, a lot of these show up at TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshall's discount stores in the $20 range all the time.

Thanks for all the advice fellahs.

I just went old-school and unoriginal and bought some Proraso after-shave for $20. When I have a better budget, I'll explore some of these expensive colognes. Thread is bookmarked for then.

Thanks again.

Brooks Brothers has its own branded cologne. I don't know if it is just a rebranded scent from some other maker, but it is the most masculine scent I've ever smelled, IMHO.

Top Bottom