What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

It's all about what you like on your face, I tend to like them smaller (22-24mm) but I might consider a larger brush as long as it's got some good backbone, don't care for my brush to be floppy.

It's all about what you like on your face, I tend to like them smaller (22-24mm) but I might consider a larger brush as long as it's got some good backbone, don't care for my brush to be floppy.

Yup. And in my case, obviously, it depends on the mood, the weather, the phase of the moon... I'm a bit of a capricious guy....

Used some Sterling Coniferous today with my paint brush. Decadent, like running through a forest and getting smacked in the face with pine and cedar branches, but in a good way 😁

Only been at it a few months, but in that short time I have discovered in myself a true face latherer. I also LOVE big brushes, and just got the Omega 10098.....a very large and in charge Boar brush, its totally awesome. I just don't see any use in bowl lathering....there is no scrubbing, no exfoliating, no whisher-lifting......seems to be counter productive to me.

IM IN!!

Only been at it a few months, but in that short time I have discovered in myself a true face latherer. I also LOVE big brushes, and just got the Omega 10098.....a very large and in charge Boar brush, its totally awesome. I just don't see any use in bowl lathering....there is no scrubbing, no exfoliating, no whisher-lifting......seems to be counter productive to me.

IM IN!!

excellent welcome brother! 👍👍👍

IM IN!!
I could have written it!
Welcome brother facelatherer!

Both my bowl and scuttle are in the cupboard gathering dust. I am a convert; soap, cream, silvertip, boar, fibre, DE, SR, travel, at home - it doesn't matter, I am all face all the time. Am I in?

Both my bowl and scuttle are in the cupboard gathering dust. I am a convert; soap, cream, silvertip, boar, fibre, DE, SR, travel, at home - it doesn't matter, I am all face all the time. Am I in?

Hi,

Sounds like it to me. Next thing you know, you will be passing on the bowl and scuttle.... ;)

Stan

Well, recently I've had to drop the FPL from the ol' sig. I think I was just using the wrong soaps and creams, brush may have had something to do with it too (read: technique improved :lol:). I finally bought some Proraso green in the tub. Since I started with that, and I still giving Mike's it's due, but switching to a B&B boar brush almost exclusively, occassionally using a TGN 24mm synth brush, I'm finding I'm getting the best lathers yet going straight to the face with it.

I tell you what, the TGN synth is a little tough to use (I get a hand cramp occassionally) because of all the backbone, almost overwhelming backbone, but it is utterly devouring the Proraso green. That and going directly to the face with a dry loaded brush, the menthol really pops. I am really liking it, I have to say.

Both brushes are laying down super thick dense lather, too. I haven't branched out much in my soaps, but I can say the Mike's outperforms the Proraso, two totally different lathers. But both are great performers. The Mike's just has a lot more slickness and cushion to it.

Those TGN 2-band knots are really great for facelathering!

If you were just going to buy one for the method, what would it be? I have six vintage handles sitting on the dresser at home, waiting for a new mop. I'm going to do a couple in boar, just for the purist aspect. The other four are getting premium knots. Not all the same knot, but not boar...

I've been looking through the offerings at TGN, and I have to say there's so many choices, it's hard to know what's what without trying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom