What's new

The B&B Face Latherers Club United - come in and join the club, please !

I thought it was about time we got ourselves an official club here on B&B, don't you :thumbup:
I'm now 11 months into DE shaving with shaving creams and by next month, August, I can celebrate my 1.st year anniversary as a traditional wet shaver - it has been a year of ups and downs, just like in real life - but most ups :c9:

I still am not a soap guy, soap tends to dry out my skin a bit more, and I already use a facial mild soap (Clinique) in the shower, so no need to over apply soap afterwards.

Got my first scuttle a couple of months ago, and started lathering a bit more in the scuttle. But found I didn't get the same thick lather in the scuttle as I got, when I face lathered.
I know some of the more experienced traditional wet shavers in here have no trouble in getting the same type of lather in their bowl as they can build up on their face, when they face lather. I just can't do that. Either because I'm only 11 months into this or because of my extremely hard water or a combination of both. I also find that I have to use a lot more product in my bowl and scuttle to build the lather, than I do, when I face lather - maybe again because of the hard as rock water in Copenhagen, where I live.

I just love the dense, creamy, yoghurt like protective lather I get from face lathering, and I enjoy the massage my face and whiskers get from face lathering - this never happens when I just paint the lather on my face, when I bowl and scuttle lather.

From now on, I will use my scuttle just like Vlad does, for keeping my brush and the cream on the brush warm while doing my first 2 passes and of course for soaking my brush in warm water before the shave......not much else.

I plan to sell all of my dedicated bowl lather brushes (Kent BLK8, Polo 12 & Shavemac 439) and focus on only having a couple of hybrid brushes (both good for bowl and face lathering) and then have 5-6 GREAT dedicated face lathering brushes in my arsenal :thumbup1:

If and when I get reactions from the direct lather building on my face, I just make sure to always apply a dab of Proraso Pre Shave cream (the green or the white jar - I own both, and both are awesome), which I find protects my face during all 3 passes from skin irritation from building the lather directly on my beard area.

So let's hear it from others face lather fans - come and join the official B&B club for face latherers :thumbup:

As a obnoxious and smug face-latherer, I hearby look down my nose at all bowl-latherers. $arrogant.gif Face-lathering rules!

I also hereby predict that Clause will be knee deep in soapy goodness by the end of the year.

:001_wub: I love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap love soap soap soap soap soap soap soap

Can I join? My resume includes 40 plus years of shaving experience, exclusively face lathering for most of my shaving life, now at the pinnacle of shaving performance with regular one pass BBS....

Is there a Shower Shave subcomittee?

I usually face lather my soaps, but I bowl lather my creams. I use all brushes equally for all tasks. Never heard of a brush that was only intended for bowl or face lathering only.

So when does the official group start?

What is the secret club name we get to put in our signature? Like BOTOC Brotherhood Of The Open Comb.
I vote for FLAC-U.... Face LAtherers Club Unite.....

I gave up on bowl lathering well over a year ago. It's fun sometimes, but seems like an unnecessary step to me, plus I get better shaves by working the soap onto my face, and into my beard. It's just so much better for me (plus, it gets my shaves to around 10 minutes from taking my brush out of the soaking mug, through the three pass shave, and to rinsing out the brush after I apply aftershave).

It's the only way to go for me.

I am now a dedicated face latherer. Scuttles are packed away and never get used now. Just love my new Duke 2 with soaps or creams. All 24 of them! :thumbup:

I'm in. Since the first time I lathered with arko it's been face lathering all the way. My bowl now only gets used to soak the brush while i'm in the shower!

I found my true love in shaving life, face lathering with big, huge boar brushes!!! Like 29x70mm, 27x68mm etc etc....I believe arko was made for these and face lathering!!!

Top Bottom