What's new

RazoRock new scent

Bee's Knees smells 100% like honeysuckle...and that's a good thing. I definitely don't get any smell of honey, beeswax or honeycomb though. But you do really notice the bees wax in the lather...man is this stuff protective and the lather really holds its shape forever. In terms of performance, it reminds me of speik except the lather is thicker. This is a real winner - so far it's my favorite of the new bunch (including S. Maria).

I'm really digging Joe's new Artisan soaps, because it's clear he took the previous standard artisan brand soap base and tweeked it with special new essential oils and/or new ingredients for each one. It shows in the definite uptick in performance versus the old standard line imho (i.e., not including king louis, 888 or la famiglia).

Next up for me: Morrocan Secret!

Any chance you could describe the Nervous Wreck and Bee's Knees? I'm especially intrigued by the latter because I have no idea what bees wax smells like.

Last edited:
I get a light citrus smell, somewhat similar to Don Marco, but different. It is my favorite of all of them.

I received my package from Italian Barber today and I received:

Baby Blue AS: It's aptly named because the baby powder is quite pronounced. Out of the bottle, it smells remarkably similar to Skin Bracer. To the point where I consider them redundant. The glass bottle is cool, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $$$.

Mudder Focker: To me, smells like a light version of Tabac. If you like Tabac but are put off by it's strength, this may be the soap for you.

Moroccan Secret: Orange and citrus. Like a lighter version of Don Marco but with something a little extra (grapefruit?) that I can't quite put my nose on.

Bee's Knees: Not as sweet as the others. I get the honeysuckle, but this one is very light and has a soapier smell to it. After leaving the lid off for a few minutes, the scent is almost undetectable.

Had I had the opportunity to smell these before making my purchase, I probably would have passed on them just because they seem very similar to what I already have. I haven't lathered/tried them yet, but I'm sure they are excellent performers. So my observations are based on scent only. If I still have some of these around at Xmas time, they will be regifted.

This thread is not helping with my ADs...nope not one bit! These latest offerings sound great. I have to keep telling myself that I already have 4 other 99% full tubs of RR (that I really like alot) to work through first.

I received my package from Italian Barber today and I received:

Baby Blue AS: It's aptly named because the baby powder is quite pronounced. Out of the bottle, it smells remarkably similar to Skin Bracer. To the point where I consider them redundant. The glass bottle is cool, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $$$.

Mudder Focker: To me, smells like a light version of Tabac. If you like Tabac but are put off by it's strength, this may be the soap for you.

Moroccan Secret: Orange and citrus. Like a lighter version of Don Marco but with something a little extra (grapefruit?) that I can't quite put my nose on.

Bee's Knees: Not as sweet as the others. I get the honeysuckle, but this one is very light and has a soapier smell to it. After leaving the lid off for a few minutes, the scent is almost undetectable.

Had I had the opportunity to smell these before making my purchase, I probably would have passed on them just because they seem very similar to what I already have. I haven't lathered/tried them yet, but I'm sure they are excellent performers. So my observations are based on scent only. If I still have some of these around at Xmas time, they will be regifted.

christhach definitely describes the scent better than I could. After lathering I still had the vanilla, some floral, a little earthiness perhaps?

Lathered easily, felt like a good shave, skin left feeling good without dryness or irritation (even if I did myself a disservice by going back to a blade that I didn't like and still don't). I would say it's the same result I experience with all RazoRock soaps. Did I personally experience anything different than I would with another RR Artisan product (one that also has tallow but no thermal mud)? My first impression would be no but I'm probably not the most sensitive to such differences.

I used MF this morning and it's really good. It has a mild, pleasant scent and lathers easily. I got close irritation free 4 pass shave.

P

pdillon

I just received my (first ever) order from IB yesterday, and it contained a jar of MF. This is my only RR soap, so I can't compare it to the others. It is packaged in a white version of the same container used for Cella. When you unscrew the lid there is a loose plastic protector, which I discarded. It is a soft soap with about the same consistency as proraso. I just reread the other scent descriptions in this thread and I am intrigued. I will need to do some more sniffing as I don't have the most refined sense of smell. I think it has a sort of sweet smell but most of all reminds me of suntan lotion. Personally I love the smell, and think it would be equally appropriate in summer or in winter.

I did a quick shave with it this morning. While it was good--very good--I think I can do even better after some practice. I used my Plisson black to face lather and found it very easy to generate copious amounts of very thick and dense lather. It definitely lacked glide, but I think that is probably my fault for not using enough water in the mix. It usually takes me a while to get the hang of a certain soap. But I have to say I am very impressed.

I am more interested in whether the group thinks a name I would not show my grand children is appropriate? I know the purveyor likes edgy names but please.... What about Coalingus as the next offering. Or maybe its appropriate because old ladies are involved. In any case hard to account for taste.

the name is what got me to consider buyin it.. the limited production is what got me to try gettin 2 (which is how many amazon said was in stock, Thanx to Michael @bellezz for makin that right)

it's all about marketing... a risque name like that will likely make many more sales to an entire new generation lookin to go "old school" in their lifestyle than a tastefull name would to "gentlemen" which are few & far in-between. limiting production creates a frenzy of buying that ensures selling out stock before there's a communal concensus as to the scent. BTW... great suggestion for the next name ;)

can't wait til mine comes in ! !

Last edited:
Top Bottom