What's new

RazoRock new scent

The thing is ... Joe's soaps and recreations shave like a miracle. I thought MF name was off beat, but ... whatever the man puts out shaves like a miracle for 60% than I've paid before.

If it really is a take on Boellis you'll be darn lucky to have it. All I know is I'm catching effortless irritation free shaves on the other stuff. Win.

Last edited:
This is a just a new signpost, erected on the slippery slope that society is plummeting down at breakneck speed. I fully expect to see a product named using the actual obscenity, instead of a clever play on words, before my life ends.

Vulgarity has become acceptable to many because it's deceptively promoted as part of "culture", from and by a segment of our population. The best we can do is not to spend our dollars with those that choose to promote and advance it.

This is a just a new signpost, erected on the slippery slope that society is plummeting down at breakneck speed. I fully expect to see a product named using the actual obscenity, instead of a clever play on words, before my life ends.

Vulgarity has become acceptable to many because it's deceptively promoted as part of "culture", from and by a segment of our population. The best we can do is not to spend our dollars with those that choose to promote and advance it.

This isn't directed solely at you, but since it's the most recent post, I'm responding to your post...

Can we all please stay on topic? I originally posted this thread to discuss the scent of RazoRock Mudder Focker. It has now devolved into a haphazard condemnation of a sticker. It's a sticker with some text on it. If you don't like it and still want to try the soap, it is easily removed. We are spewing vitriol and absurdities over something that, in the grand scheme of daily life, is so comically trivial that I can't believe I'm actually sitting here writing this post.

I've already contacted a mod to lock the thread. Please don't make that action necessary.

This is a discussion forum, we discuss things

You're absolutely right, sir.

Please feel free to go and start your own thread about how offensive you find the name of the new RazoRock MF soap.

Seizure started this thread because he was interested in discussing the scent of the aforementioned soap. If you'd like to talk about something else, you're more than welcome to do so. Just take it elsewhere where people who are interested in talking about scent don't necessarily have to be a part of it.

I'm curious to hear what others think of this new offering from RazoRock...

I just received mine (and some R160), and so far I cannot figure out whether I like it, or hate it. It's a very complex smell to me.

I had a co-worker sniff it, and our consensus was Masculine Old Lady.

I assume the lather will be fantastic, but will report back on that later when I'm able to get home and whip up a batch.

The R160 smells good, very very sweet. Almost like candy.

Seizure,

I picked this one up along with everything else he just put out. For the past three days I've been using the S. Maria cream and the Baby Blue a/s (both are just fantastic in every way).

I smelled each of the new ones when they came in, but haven't been back to them since. I remember enjoying them all (the Bee's smelled like Lily of the Valley to me, which was really confusing...I'll have to go back to that one again and sniff for a while to see what's going on with my nose).

I'm going to break out the MF tomorrow morning and give it a whirl. If it performs anything like the regular artisan line, I'm going to love it. I'm curious to see how the scent blooms while loading, and if the post-shave face feel is significantly different than after using the regular artisan line. Wish me luck!

P

pdillon

This is a discussion forum, we discuss things

Here, here. I fail to see how a discussion of the name is off-topic or trivial. The names, branding, & labels of products are important and influence our experiences with them. I personally am interested in this topic as it pertains to RazoRock (i.e. What is RazoRock trying to do with its branding?) and I think this particular soap brings up the issue in an interesting way.

Personally, I don't see real vitriol in this thread. As seizure started it, I will accept his intention was to discuss specifically the scent but personally I think we're better off consolidating all discussion of a particular product to a single thread. And like I said before, I'm not sure if you can separate a person's experience of a scent from other connotations of the product.

But as seizure started the thread I will respect his wishes. On the other hand, I don't like what some people are insinuating when they suggest this conversation is somehow in violation of board rules (be specific) and warrants moderator actions (when you the user don't have that authority).

Well, what if he were shaving and his 8-year-old child came into the room and saw the soap container on the counter? Or what if it was a 10-year-old or an 11-year-old who might recognize that the second word bears an uncanny resemblance to a word he/she might've heard at school in the hallway?

Isn't that a normal duty of being a parent/grandparent? Kids will be exposed to all kinds of different things through different mediums and it is up to the parent figures to control and explain that exposure. If you don't want your kid to see it, put it away or don't buy it in the first place. The same for movies, music etc that you don't want your kids to be exposed to. Why is this even an issue?

Was everyone this upset when the Meet the Parents sequel Meet the Fockers was released? Obviously it's a play on words because Thermal Mud is the special ingredient, but we're all adults.

Joe is a great vendor and provides great products. He's currently on vacation so he does not have the opportunity to explain. Instead of defaming him publicly on B&B, why not write an email to italianbarber or directly message him?

Go start a topic about the denigration of society in the Barber Shop forum. I know wet shaving is old school. I did not realize B&B was frequented by grumpy old men.

Last edited:
This forum is a bit different from some others I participate in. In some others there is a general standard of trying to keep discussions about one thing or one person all in one thread. People are often reminding each other about that, or asking mods to combine threads. That way anyone with an interest can go to that thread and participate in a discussion of that thing or person without having to open a ton of threads many of which are discussing the same subject. Here at B&B there is an endless strings of threads started on the very same subject. I've gotten used to it (well, sort of) but it still makes it harder for me to follow a discussion about something, like say the new Razorock releases. I said "sort of" because it never occurred to me that people would take exception to talking about the name of the product whose scent we are discussing. It seems to be the nature of discussion, whether in real life or in forums, that once we raise a topic it's hard to keep everyone exactly on that very topic.

Last edited:
P

pdillon

Instead of slandering him publicly on B&B
If you're going to say that members here are slandering Joe or even being unfair toward him, you should be specific. I haven't seen it. These vague attempts to control the discussion are doing more to derail the conversation, than the original "argument."

If you're going to say that members here are slandering Joe or even being unfair toward him, you should be specific. I haven't seen it. These vague attempts to control the discussion are doing more to derail the conversation, than the original "argument."

People are attacking his business practices and branding are they not?

People are attacking his business practices and branding are they not?

FWIW, I don't see any attacks in this thread -- criticism of a name but not any sort of judgment on Joe's character. Also, there doesn't seem to be anything other than opinion about (reaction to) the name of the product. Some people find the name questionable or immature. Others think it's clever. Most of us probably don't really care so much about a product name.

Whether criticism or praise, it seems like it's all in good nature.

Top Bottom