What's new

$85-100 range: Simpson, Rooney, or Kent?

I face lather about 70% of the time. Don't mind scritch but I like soft brushes with a solid backbone that's not too dense.

If you don't get a Duke 2 you will be oh so sorry....

Rooney XL heritage is nice but if I were to choose only 1 brush for face lathering it would be my Duke 2.... yea it is THAT nice....

Man, I would go with a Chubby hands down. There is NO other brush on the planet like one. I have a #1, and it is amazing in any type of lathering. Feels great on the face too.

I did a head to head between Chubby 1 and Duke 2.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/285366-Duke-2-vs-Chubby-1-Face-lathering-title-bout

The Duke is still here and the new owner just loves the Chubby :a2:

Kent. I've owned all of them, they all face and ow lather any soap or cream u can throw at them. Get a Simpsons and ur likely to get a shedder or a scritchy tipped brush. I hear alot of inconsistency with their hair. Every single kent I've owned has been soft as a cloud. Don't let the softness fool u, they lather williams to proraso, to arko. Great, great brushes. And look overseas for a kent bk4 they can be had for the $80 mark. ;)
Wish I could remember the site....

My Kent is amazing.

Have you looked at Hans Baier brushes? They Are in the same league as the brands you mentioned but they have a really nice range of handles!

Not to thread jack but I've been contemplating a similar purchase and ran across the Truefitt & Hill silvertip brushes, and I had heard they were made by Rooney. The T&H Silvertip Badger Style I Small is $81.65 shipped if you use there discount code. Does any body know if these compare to the other brushes being discussed?

https://www.truefittandhill.com/items_19.html

I'd have Rudy turn you the handle of your choice and put a 22mm TGN finest knot set at 48mm, you can defintiely get into this custom brush for the price you are looking for and then have something that is unique.

But as you will find out YMMV, finding the perfect brush will take time, patience and money (although with the B/S/T most of the money can usually be recouped). Don't get discouraged and keep looking until you find your perfect brush, it does exist.

Regards,

Justin

Top Bottom