What's new

Favorite Simpson Brush and Why

Great replys and info, I currently have an omega pro, thater 4125/1, and a rooney 2xl. I love the thater and the omega. The Rooney makes my face raw some days so I might sell it. Is it because of the 2 band hair in the 2xl that makes it rougher on my face?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I love the Dukes and the Chubbies. My favourite brush for soft shaving creams is the Duke 2 and my favourite brush for hard triple-milled soaps is the Chubby 1, but I also love the Duke 3 and Chubby 2. My favourite grade of hair is the Best, followed by the 3 band Super.

My favorite Simpsons brush is the one I just used. They are all fantastic.

What am I using right now? Chubby 2 Best and Chubby 2 Manchurian in rotation.

Colonel, it's the only one i own, however i like the fact that i can use it for both creams and soaps and i can bowl lather my creams with it.

+1. I love my colonel. I'm sure there are other fine brushes out there, but I have been very satisfied with this brush.

Colonel X2L in Manchurian Butterscotch......perfect size, perfect amount of scrub, my favorite handle shape, whips up a shiznut
load of lather, it has a great backbone, and it just darned looks beautiful.

Last edited:
My Chubby 2 in best is my absolute favorite brush in the bunch. It is perfectly sized in both knot and handle for my face and hands and the dense knot it just right for my favorite soaps. It also sports a Somerset era handle to boot!

Classic 1...definitely my current favorite and a brush I prefer to Duke 2 or 3, both of which I passed along. Dense, great face feel, flow through and a perfect size for face lathering.

59 with Somerset era rose-tinged handle from The Superior Shave. A large brush equally adept with soaps and creams. (Ah, hell, I'm just sayin' that. Love my Emperor 3 and Rover just as much. But no one's giving the 50's series much love around here.)

The Simpson 50 series (55, 56, 57, 58, and 59, in order of ascending size). If you go to The Superior Shave you will see a photograph of the 5 models next to each other, so you can compare sizes. There is also a chart with the dimensions for each one. I prefer larger brushes, so I like the Simpson 59. The 50's are soft but with enough backbone.

I also have a Chubby 2 and 3, but they're so densely packed that some find them too stiff. I find that the density of the Chubbies makes it harder to work up a good lather and that I have to use a huge amount of soap or cream with them.

So I have heard so many rave reviews on Simpsons. I am wondering which one is your favorite and why. There seems to be so many to choose.

I've only owned 4 Simpsons, so I'm a rookie :blushing:
But so far my Duke 3 in Super 2-Band is my favorite.
But have a Chubby 2 in Super 2-Band coming soon, so that may change....

Top Bottom