What's new

Newest turned brush. My favorite to date! [PICS]

That is very nice.

I wonder if there's a reason that we don't really see many wood brushes with lots of small carved nooks and crannies in them. The design certainly looks impressive...

That is very nice.

I wonder if there's a reason that we don't really see many wood brushes with lots of small carved nooks and crannies in them. The design certainly looks impressive...

That's a good question. I can't say I have a definitive answer for you. I can say that the question I get from other wood turners more than anything else is "How did you do that?"

I've soaked and used some of these handles in testing and I can't see any material issues why you would not want nooks or crannies. They are not that deep that stuff gets in and can't get out. They are a little more difficult to seal and finish though I've found - not insurmountable by any means - just have to take care when doing so to get down in there :)

/R

I'd buy one in the price range you mentioned. It might take a couple of months, but I think that's quite reasonable.

I'm pretty sure I would buy one in the range you're suggesting, if only because I suspect the price might go up down the road, and I would feel even better about my acquisition (at least from a justification perspective). Plus, I like the idea of being an early adopter. So where do I place my order?

Thank you all very much for your very kind words - it's really making me feel pretty good and eager to spread some of these things around.

I will be sure to post in advance of listing these anywhere here for you guys. I'm experimenting with a few different finishes to vary the look and feel and when I have a few to send out the door I'll let you know.

On a related note, I shaved with this baby for the first time today. The 22mm short loft knot is absolutely perfect for me. Any of you looking for a decent smaller size knot should check them out. Just fantastic!

Cheers all - thanks again

Rob

Top Bottom