What's new

Getting MWF (or any other soap) into a bowl?

So I bought a bowl that I allotted specifically as a soap dish. Thus, I bought only a refill of MWF to stick in it. It is just a hair too wide for the base of the dish, but it fits in without settling to the bottom. How would i get this soap to mold/form to the shape of the bowl so I can get it to stay in one spot when I try to lather it?

those two are the best ways to deal with tallow based soaps. Don't try to microwave then, it will ruin your soap.

I use a flat bottomed mug or ramkin slightly smaller than the cake of soap and pare it down to press fit. I jamb the shavings around the edges. I have found much less shrinking and cracking of MWF as it ages with use if I place a table spoon or two of warm water on the center of the puck instead of flooding the whole puck while I shower. It still makes good lather when soaked with a small volime of water.

HTH

Ah awesome. Thanks guys! I really didn't want to have to chop up the puck too much but it looks like that's gonna have to be it (unless I can find a mug that has the right dimensions)

Ah awesome. Thanks guys! I really didn't want to have to chop up the puck too much but it looks like that's gonna have to be it (unless I can find a mug that has the right dimensions)

You may find it loads a lot easier after it's been chopped/grated. I use a cheese grater, then compress it together in a 1cup pyrex bowl..

Use a microplane or a cheese slicer or chill it and whittle off enough from the sides for it to fit. You can use the pieces you have removed in the bottom of the bowl to help seat your puck...and do not worry about the performance of your soap, all will be well.

Top Bottom