What's new

1st Shave with Mike's Bay Rum!

Wow, what a wonderful Bay Rum scent! As always it was a thick lather and it left my skin feeling great, but the scent really makes it. I have come to expect top of the line performance and scents from Mike and this Bay Rum doesn't disappoint, I highly recommend it.

Funny you posted this. Just had my first shave with his Bay Rum on Friday. Was going to post. AMAZING scent. It's a true bay rum with lots of clove. One thing i did notice, neither bad nor good, it's a thirsty soap. I was worried at first when i couldn't seem to get it to lather. I kept adding water and it finally exploded. Great performing soap. It provided a slick and full lather. Finished the shave off with some Dominica Bay Rum Lime AS.

I have to say that this is a TRUE bay rum scent. It's not "perfumy" or refined.

Funny you posted this. Just had my first shave with his Bay Rum on Friday. Was going to post. AMAZING scent. It's a true bay rum with lots of clove. One thing i did notice, neither bad nor good, it's a thirsty soap. I was worried at first when i couldn't seem to get it to lather. I kept adding water and it finally exploded. Great performing soap. It provided a slick and full lather. Finished the shave off with some Dominica Bay Rum Lime AS.

I have to say that this is a TRUE bay rum scent. It's not "perfumy" or refined.

I agree Big Jay, it is a thirsty soap. I find all Mike's soaps to be thirsty but once I figured that out I was rewarded with explosive lather! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Bay Rum too.

I agree Big Jay, it is a thirsty soap. I find all Mike's soaps to be thirsty but once I figured that out I was rewarded with explosive lather! Glad to hear you enjoyed the Bay Rum too.

^ +1 - Thirsty soap
^ +2 - Wonderful soap :biggrin1:

I am glad to hear this...Mike shipped my Bay Rum and Barbershop today!
I have both of those in tins great scent and performance both . Been working my way through my lime sampler which Im also liking . For those on the fence on to get it in bar or with tin, go with the tin . I think Mikes choince of container is probally also going have you looking a your other soap containers with a funny look . Why do The tins rock ... thin and wide easy to stack more and very stable stack , wide so you can properly get a easy lather going , and they clean easy as well . Im actually thinking of ordering some tins the same size to get rid of the leaning stack ,falling down the others croaps cause ( I love all my razorocks , but the coantainer changing from line to line does make for a stacking Nightmare )

Damn I want to try some of this soap but he is all put of the scents I want to buy.

That's my problem too... He got me hooked on his soaps with the orange, cedarwood, and black pepper, but now he is out of all of the other scents I want to try

I have been lurking for awhile. This is my first post. I emailed Mike regarding. After our emails I purchased the Bay Rum shave soap, lavender & rosemary bath soap and orange, clove and cinnamon bath soap along with shaving samples of lime, barbershop and he was nice enough to include a sample of the

I just finished showering with the Lavender & rosemary (after my wife said she enjoyed it :wink2:) and shaved with the Bay Rum. Both were outstanding. The cushion and glide of the Bay Rum was amazing. The touch ups were very comfortable. I look forward to many more of his products.

Welcome aboard, Alpha06. Glad that you found us and became a member. B&B is chock full of great information concerning shaving and many other areas of interest. Take your time to wade through the forums and if you have any questions, just ask.

I have not used the Bay Rum soap from Mike but if it performs as well as the three I have used it is a keeper. I get a very slick, creamy lather that affords a great shave and leave my face moisturized. Highly recommended!

I just got a bar yesterday. It's a pretty soft soap. I think I can just shove it into the shape of my bowl. Because it is so soft, does it wear down pretty quick?

It's easy to mold the bar into whatever you want. I have been using a lot of different soaps but I was heavy on the barbershop for a few weeks and I didn't make much of a dent in it. I got tins in my last order and I really like them for the same reasons as others mentioned but primarily because it's very easy to load from them. I just ordered a bunch of empty tins that I think are the same size for other soaps and samples.
I just got a bar yesterday. It's a pretty soft soap. I think I can just shove it into the shape of my bowl. Because it is so soft, does it wear down pretty quick?

Top Bottom