What's new

Olive Oil Soap for the Face

There are plenty of options for Olive Oil bath soap. However, I can't seem to find one specifically formulated for the face. At the moment, I use gentle acne cleansers. I want to experiment with something more user-friendly to the face. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I like (real) Aleppo soap, which is 65% olive and 35% laurel oil. very gentle on the skin and desinfecting as well. Recommended for problem skin.
Made in Syria, 1000 yrs tradition.
www.paindalep.com

Have you tried the Oil Cleansing Method? It is very gentle, and removes oil and grime very well.

1. Mix equal parts olive oil and castor oil. More olive oil = more moisturizing, less olive ... less moisturizing. This way you can adjust it for your face.

2. Rub it on your face. Unlike with water, the oils on your face and in your pores will mix into the mixture.

3. Place a hot towel on your face just like with beard prep so your face can soak up some moisture.

4. Give a quick rinse, and if you need some extra moisturizer, you can apply a very small amount of olive to your face, or use whatever else you wish.

Have you tried the Oil Cleansing Method? It is very gentle, and removes oil and grime very well.

1. Mix equal parts olive oil and castor oil. More olive oil = more moisturizing, less olive ... less moisturizing. This way you can adjust it for your face.

2. Rub it on your face. Unlike with water, the oils on your face and in your pores will mix into the mixture.

3. Place a hot towel on your face just like with beard prep so your face can soak up some moisture.

4. Give a quick rinse, and if you need some extra moisturizer, you can apply a very small amount of olive to your face, or use whatever else you wish.

I'll try it at some point but I'd still like a simple bar of soap as well.

I'm not sure if any OO soap is specifically designed for the face - they pretty much market themselves as the most gentle soaps available so I'm not sure what they could/would do differently for a "face soap"

FWIW, I currently have Issy's OO soap in the shower along w/ liquid Cetaphil and have been happy with both - no dry skin yet even though the weather has been cooling down.

I'm not sure exactly what's in it, buy SWMBO makes me a great oil based on olive and coconut oil with some essential oils that includes lavender, tea tree, and a few others. Not entirely sure but it's wonderful stuff. I'll ask her for the mix she's using if your interested.

I use Issy's 100% OO soap for my face as well as body. It is incredibly gentle and moisturizing, so I have no issues using it on my face. I also used to use a Savon de Marseilles and that was no problem. I believe OO soaps are gentle enough to use on your face. Give it a shot. I did and never went back to face wash :)

I use Olive Oil soap on my face every day. Morning and night.

In the summer my skin tends toward oily yet OO soap works great to clean my skin. In the winter it prevents dryness. I sometimes use it all over my body in the shower and even my hair when I'm in a hurry. It really softens my beard before shaving. If there's a perfect soap this is it!

My favorite is produce locally by Austin Natural Soap which I can get at Whole Foods.

http://www.austinsoap.com/merchant2...S01&Product_Code=Olive&Category_Code=Soap-Nat

Or, Kiss My Face also makes a great Olive Oil soap that you should be able to find at most health food stores.

http://www.kissmyfacewebstore.com/detail/KMF+100P+4oz/Pure_Olive_Oil_Bar_Soaps

After going through a lot of information, I've decided to get soaps from Savon de Marseille, Muller's Lane Farm, and Issy's Originals. I'm not going to get them now but I will at some point. Thanks for the help guys.

Top Bottom