What's new

Dubl duck brush

I have always wanted a Dubl duck razor but can't afford the price tag. Had to settle for this brush. It has a really long knot; boar I think. Seems to be in pretty good condition though I am not a huge fan of the knot. Would it be wise to put a badger knot in or is this actually a piece more valuable left original?

$IMG_1598.jpg
$IMG_1599.jpg

NIce find ... I didn't know that Dubl Duck made brushes, but it looks like you found a great example.

I would leave it the way it is ... except, that knot needs a good break-in. You'll like it a lot more once it softens up.

That brush is in great shape. I have one as well (not as nice as yours), the original knot lathered well and felt nice but was in bad shape (hairs were very brittle and broke easily). Placed a TGN finest knot in it, I'm happy with the result. Mine has a matching mug as well (not sure if they were originally sold as a set).

View attachment 255862

Last edited:
Just used the brush. I must say I am not a big fan. First, it sheds like a golden retriever. Probably lost a dozen hairs the first round. It was also very difficult to build a lather. I put twice the time and work in to lathering and got about half the lather as my badger. I hope Dubl duck makers better razors than brushes. This will either be sitting as something pretty to look at or will be getting a new knot.

I just found that exact same brush in my grandmother's antique cabinet.It has some dark orangeish spots near the base of the knot,so I'll definitely have to clean it before I try it. I saw a NOS dubl duck on one site going for over $200. crazy.

I have a Dubl Duck 2 brush and it is one of my favorites. I love it. Makes a lather out of any soap I throw at it.

Top Bottom