What's new

QCS Iced Key Lime

Joe - sorry for the delay. I received the QCS Iced Key Lime on Friday. I must say I was a bit worried as Matt describes the scent as a "dry" lime, which I love, but the cream smelled sweet right out of the tub.

Grabbed the cream for my Saturday afternoon "luxury" shave and whipped up a batch of lather. My previous fears were unfounded, as the cream lathered up into what I would say is a very authentic dry key lime, absolutely great! It took a little while for the menthol to kick in, but after a minute, it was there in force, but not overwhelming. The dry key lime and the cooling menthol are pretty perfectly balanced in my opinion, I really like this cream.

Saturday was also my first shot at straight razor shaving, and lets just say that didn't go nearly as well as the new cream! I did half a pass with the straight and two pretty decent cuts later, I substituted a tech. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor!

Here is a shot of my Iced Key Lime lather, with my Muehle 25mm silvertip fibre!

View attachment 258361

Great review Chris, I have the Vostok and love it, but will hold off on buying more soap until I use some of what I have....Now about that Straight Razor and those two Cuts you described....anybody else check to see if any blood was any where to be seen. I am thinking about a straight, but ...I just don't know!

Great review Chris, I have the Vostok and love it, but will hold off on buying more soap until I use some of what I have....Now about that Straight Razor and those two Cuts you described....anybody else check to see if any blood was any where to be seen. I am thinking about a straight, but ...I just don't know!

I am in my straight shaving infancy- I have about 20 shaves under my belt but it is going great. I get as good of a shave as with a DE, it just takes me 45-50 min. And that's ok with me.

Joe - sorry for the delay. I received the QCS Iced Key Lime on Friday. I must say I was a bit worried as Matt describes the scent as a "dry" lime, which I love, but the cream smelled sweet right out of the tub.

Grabbed the cream for my Saturday afternoon "luxury" shave and whipped up a batch of lather. My previous fears were unfounded, as the cream lathered up into what I would say is a very authentic dry key lime, absolutely great! It took a little while for the menthol to kick in, but after a minute, it was there in force, but not overwhelming. The dry key lime and the cooling menthol are pretty perfectly balanced in my opinion, I really like this cream.

Saturday was also my first shot at straight razor shaving, and lets just say that didn't go nearly as well as the new cream! I did half a pass with the straight and two pretty decent cuts later, I substituted a tech. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor!

Here is a shot of my Iced Key Lime lather, with my Muehle 25mm silvertip fibre!

View attachment 258361

Chris-
Dont apologize. I love the IKL. It is very well balanced and the menthol is great. The scent is fantastic and dry which is certainly preferable to my nose. I've already told Matt I will request a "refill" once the tub is gone.

Top Bottom