What's new

Photoshop Elements 5 problem

Does anyone out there have the above app? I have a problem with mine: when I try to scan in an image from Photoshop, the application hangs on me. I have to go to Task Manager and 'End Task' to get out of it. The program seems to recognise the scanner ok but... The scanner works fine if I scan straight from the scanner software, but not through Photoshop. I did reinstall the scanner's driver but with no success. Any ideas or tips? I think it must be a configuration problem.
John.

I can commiserate with you I have Five on my laptop and it is the stickiest piece of software I use. :mad: :thumbdown

I can commiserate with you I have Five on my laptop and it is the stickiest piece of software I use. :mad: :thumbdown

Ok, so if nobody has any advice, what amount of RAM do you have, (I have 512Mb and plan to upgrade to 1Gb), and do you know if Elements 4 is any better?
John.

I just reloaded my OS (xp pro) desktop PC with PS v9 I have not used it yet- its all bubbly and vista looking like. I will let you know if its any better.

BTW with PS 5 I have found if you close every window and every picture before you try to close the program it helps to reduce the freezing.

Top Bottom