What's new

Feather a no go?

The worst shave I ever had was this week when I tried a Feather SE blade in one of my Valets. I'll probably try another blade just because I have the pack, but I will never buy them again.

Because of the high ratings in amazon, I bought a 100 pack of Feathers without ever trying them. Now I'm really trying to force myself to like them... But I get so much of a better shave from the much cheaper Astras.
When I first discovered DE shaving a year ago, I realized how much I had been duped by all the Mach 3 commercials all my life. More expensive doesn't mean a better product, especially when it comes to shaving.
Now I've been duped again, this time by Feather.

Because of the high ratings in amazon, I bought a 100 pack of Feathers without ever trying them. Now I'm really trying to force myself to like them... But I get so much of a better shave from the much cheaper Astras.
When I first discovered DE shaving a year ago, I realized how much I had been duped by all the Mach 3 commercials all my life. More expensive doesn't mean a better product, especially when it comes to shaving.

Why did you buy a pack of 100? Why not buy a pack of 10 to try them out first?

I bought 100 pack of them also after trying a few since I really liked them. After trying many blades I still like them every now and then but they do take some extra time to shave with. I've heard some people say they don't like their new R41 razor because it's waaay to aggressive when they're using it with a Feather. It can be very aggressive with a Feather but I can use my R41 with an Astra and still get a better shave than most other razors. I think the Feather is a good blade and probably the sharpest but just not very forgiving. I will hang onto my 100 pack and I will use them every now and then but I'm glad I didn't go crazy and order 100's more like I have with some blades :-0

this is my thread and at the time I was sour at the blade, but after finishing off the sample pack I had I actually found that they shaved fairly well, and for $30 shipped I figured what the heck, I bought 100, its not like I don't waste my money on other frivolous things, at least I can use these and get a good result

I can spend the odd $20-$30 on 100 blades and not even worry about it now, still better than spending $30 for 8 fusion carts

I over reacted when I made this thread, the Feather is a nice blade when you learn how to use it properly, its sharp and unforgiving but gives a BBS shave when your careful and use no pressure

this is my thread and at the time I was sour at the blade, but after finishing off the sample pack I had I actually found that they shaved fairly well, and for $30 shipped I figured what the heck, I bought 100, its not like I don't waste my money on other frivolous things, at least I can use these and get a good result

I can spend the odd $20-$30 on 100 blades and not even worry about it now, still better than spending $30 for 8 fusion carts

I over reacted when I made this thread, the Feather is a nice blade when you learn how to use it properly, its sharp and unforgiving but gives a BBS shave when your careful and use no pressure

It also depends what razor you load the Feather into. In a Tech the Feather is brilliant, in a R41 it may be trouble. I use an adjustable razor now (a Progress) and find that I can dial it down low for Feather and have good results.

It also depends what razor you load the Feather into. In a Tech the Feather is brilliant, in a R41 it may be trouble. I use an adjustable razor now (a Progress) and find that I can dial it down low for Feather and have good results.

I only use a 61' Fatboy

I only use a 61' Fatboy

Well, then dial it down for the Feather. Lower than you would for an Astra. Also, try a Progress for an adjustable. It's fantastic and much more adjustable than a Gillette. You can go down mild as Tech and as aggressive as R41 and everything in between. An awesome razor. But if Fat boy is all you use, just dial that down for Feather and you should be set.

Well, then dial it down for the Feather. Lower than you would for an Astra. Also, try a Progress for an adjustable. It's fantastic and much more adjustable than a Gillette. You can go down mild as Tech and as aggressive as R41 and everything in between. An awesome razor. But if Fat boy is all you use, just dial that down for Feather and you should be set.

Yes I know, I use 3-4 for all blades and get stellar results ever time

Top Bottom