What's new

Broke my "Don't buy creams in the summer" rule

A B&B member posted a deal for a tub of TOBS Lavender for $12 shipped, and had to bite. I have been somewhat bored with my rotation lately and just had to grab it. I did a quick check of the weather for the next few days and it seemed fine, so I ordered it.

Unfortunately for me, the tub shipped from Georgia to California in the midst of one of the worst heat waves in recent memory. Global warming is not good for TOBS creams.

It isn't a complete loss, I cleaned up the tub and put it in the fridge. It should lather just fine, but it's more trouble than it's worth. The scent has suffered and the label is ruined, after cleaning the ink is almost all gone. It's a $12 reminder of why I don't order creams in the summer!

proxy.php

proxy.php

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
The last of a year old tub of Avocado completely fell apart in my Chicago apartment. I am away weekends and sitting on a shelf in my closet it was hot enough to go that way.

Another day over 100 today!

I live in the Southwest, and even just keeping them in the bathroom some of them have suffered quality wise (especially proraso in the tube). I've found I'm more of a soap than cream guy anyways, so I'll probably just use these up and stick to soaps. Anybody keep their creams in the fridge in the summer?

Anybody keep their creams in the fridge in the summer?

Hmmmmmm. Just now mentally playing out the scene in the movie of my life where I explain to the wife why there's a huge stack of shaving creams in the lettuce crisper. That's gonna leave a mark!

Top Bottom