What's new

Shaving Slapstick from the Stooges

I happened to come across this video of the stooges up on YouTube. I thought I should share with you guys a little shaving slapstick. This is from one of the classic shorts where the stooges rule over Moronica. Personally I think Moe is a little dainty with his brushing technique. :laugh:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KfPYc6lvIg0

You can't argue with success. I personally thought he was a bit heavy handed on the hone, but I'm not a Honemeister.

Mike

Wow, did you see the effects of that spinach on Popeye's hair? Someone should try making a shaving soap or a preshave with a spinach base.

How can I forget that episode? Huge popeye fan here. If I look hard enough I might even find some old VHS's of the cartoons I would record when he came on TV. :)

I remember that cartoon from watching Captain Jolly on Channel 9 from Windsor, Ont. The watch the schnazola line is still funny.

I remember that cartoon from watching Captain Jolly on Channel 9 from Windsor, Ont. The watch the schnazola line is still funny.

Dave, do you remember CPT Jolly's sidekick, Poopdeck Paul? I grew up in the Detroit area myself. I remember running home from school to catch the show every afternoon. You gotta love Popeye.

Thanks for the clips guys. YouTube has some real gems.

Tom

Dave, do you remember CPT Jolly's sidekick, Poopdeck Paul? I grew up in the Detroit area myself. I remember running home from school to catch the show every afternoon. You gotta love Popeye.

Thanks for the clips guys. YouTube has some real gems.

Tom

Tom,

Yes I do. He did the weekends. Captain Jolly, Poopdeck Paul, Johnny Ginger, Soupy Sales, Milky the Clown, Sagebrush Shorty, that was all amazingly local Detroit programming. Growing up in the 50's and 60's, Detroit was a fine place. In many respects, it rivaled Chicago or even New York.

Top Bottom